Author Topic: Should I keep watching 24  (Read 1582 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Should I keep watching 24
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »
So I started watching 24.

I never watched the show during the 8 years it was on; but I started watching the 12-episode reboot that just aired over the last few months.  I really liked it and started binge watching the originals.  Over the several weeks I've worked my way through the first 3 seasons.  I've enjoyed them all, as well as this latest mini-season but I'm wondering if I should continue going on into the 4th season.

It seems that, of the 84 episodes I've watched to date, I can infer that every season follows the exact same plot framework (with different bad guys and plot twists) and I don't know if I really want to keep vesting time into the show.  Like I said, I enjoy watching it but, for everything that competes for my time, I wonder if I should.  I dunno.

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Should I keep watching 24
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »
I stopped watching 24 after the first season (and even then wasn't a regular viewer) so I can't comment on the show exactly. But I'm going to guess that there are other great shows you haven't seen that are available for binge watching that might be more worth your time now that you've gotten a good dose of the 24 formula.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »
I haven't seen a single episode but I'm considering starting that after I finish "Orange is the New Black"

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 02:51:06 PM »
so I finished season 4 last night and got 3 episodes into season 5.  Some online review sites I've read say season 5 is the best.  Maybe I'll stop after this one, as I've read that the final 3 seasons are not so great.  I dunno.  We'll see :)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."