Author Topic: anybody out there?!  (Read 4556 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: anybody out there?!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 07:07:57 PM »
Sorry all.  Work has been kinda all consuming (I've been doing 830-11 straight at least once a week - often 2-3 times with breaks), and I've had very little urge to communicate outside of work.  Things are going well.  Just ordered parts for a new computer...I'll lurk a bit and try to catch up soon.  On spring break till Monday....
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:01 AM »
don't sweat it. its been slow here; well, except ethics back for a while so that helps.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »
I'm STILL transitioning into the other group. Basically working two jobs--5 hours in the morning in my old position, 5 in the afternoon with the new one. But I think we're finally moving forward with hiring at least two new people. I'm so glad March is over.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 12:21:08 AM »
Bah!
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
Blue!  Where ya been?

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 09:48:13 AM »
On an adventure? Slaying dragons? In a coma?

Okay... none of those things.  Only been living life, working too much, playing too little, and raising kids.  We have a pretty good weekly routine going now.  Kids are in all kinds of extra stuff (Martial arts and Boy Scouts for two of them, dance and gymnastics for one of them, and nothing for the little one yet). Family travels to Finland for two months this summer.  This time my wife is renting a furnished apartment for the duration, and getting her own car.  (Staying with the in-laws is nice, but taxing on everybody.)  I go out for two weeks near the end of their trip. That is about the only exciting thing going on in my life.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 03:05:37 PM »
Bought a house, had another baby, work work work.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:02 PM »
Congrats on the baby!  Sorry - work work work...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
had another baby

wwwhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???/

congrats buddy? everyone healthy, I hope! boy or girl?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 08:18:29 PM »
Bought a house, had another baby, work work work.

Finally... A guy goes away for a couple weeks and expects some great posts to sift through, and it isn't until the last one that some real good shit shows up. Don't get me wrong, Kevin really was an asshole with a Gretzky complex and I love my cast iron skillet as much as the next guy, but c'mon folks.

Anyway, congrats on the house, man.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
Thanks everyone. Baby boy is doing great, two weeks old now. He's much more mellow than my daughter was (so far anyway). Moms is doing well too, off work for a year (oh Canada) and enjoying the new little one. My daughter is 3 now and is really excited to have a "baby brudder".

House is great too :) mortgage rates are so low we decided to stretch our budget a bit a buy our "forever" house instead of a starter home. Really happy with what we found.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 12:10:30 PM »
Congrats!  We found our son to be more mellow than our daughter as well.  Not trying to say anything from a gender perspective... just picking up on a trend :) .  We also decided not to do a starter house when we bought our first house.  I think that has worked out well (and we refinanced a few times and have a great rate at the moment).