Author Topic: Inside Out  (Read 3268 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Inside Out
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »
Great movie but Jesus there are some sad parts!  My whole family (self included) had to wipe away a few tears at one point.  It's a real tear jerker but I'd still recommend it.

:dblthumb2:

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Inside Out
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 02:12:24 PM »
Classic Pixar. I thought it was really well done and my kids liked it, although I don't know if it will be a classic for them.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:51 AM »
I didn't see it but my wife took the kids.  Its the first movie at a theatre that they sat all the way through for.  My 5 year old even held having to go potty until it was over.  Wife said she liked it better than Frozen, though she admits she's pretty sick of Frozen.  The kids loved it and have started their collection of action figures and t-shirts and activity books and stickers and everything Inside Out related.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 09:03:10 AM »
I think Frozen was better than this.  Easily.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:12:48 AM »
like I said, we might have Frozen burnout in my family :)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
Eh... I shouldn't say 'easily'.  They're both really good movies.  But yeah, I can understand your perspective.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 02:09:18 PM »
So I finally saw this (bought the DVD for my wife's birthday and watched it as a family over the weekend)

Its tough to compare it to a classic Disney princes movie, like Frozen or Beauty and the Beast.  Its more on par with other pixar "also" movies, like a toy story 3 or maybe Up

With that in mind though, I'd give it 8/10 as a watchable children's movie.  The characters are likable and the plot is uniquely original.  I think it does a good job of covering it's complex sci-fi concept in a way that makes sense and helps the plot along, without confusing young kids.

I also like the lesson it teaches and that, while Joy was the main character, we learn the importance of accepting sadness.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
So I finally saw this (bought the DVD for my wife's birthday and watched it as a family over the weekend)

Its tough to compare it to a classic Disney princes movie, like Frozen or Beauty and the Beast.  Its more on par with other pixar "also" movies, like a toy story 3 or maybe Up

With that in mind though, I'd give it 8/10 as a watchable children's movie.  The characters are likable and the plot is uniquely original.  I think it does a good job of covering it's complex sci-fi concept in a way that makes sense and helps the plot along, without confusing young kids.

I also like the lesson it teaches and that, while Joy was the main character, we learn the importance of accepting sadness.

we also rented it yesterday on comcast. I saw the beginning and the end. Kids liked it, but were not crazy about it.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
It was okay.  Never really grabbed me.