Author Topic: Charlie and breaking bad  (Read 2817 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Charlie and breaking bad
« on: October 22, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »
:) I like you Jake but I'm not driving two hours each way to have drinks with you when I can't find 45 minutes over the course of a week to bang out a Breaking Bad episode.

If I can't even find 45 minutes over the course of a week to bang out a Breaking Breaking Bad episode I'm not going to spend half an hour trying to make sure my donations go somewhere great instead of good.

I'm curious, but if I can't find 45 minutes over the course of a week to bang out a Breaking Breaking Bad episode I'm not sure I'm going to be able to listen to a regular podcast.

I don't really have time for hobbies it seems. I mean, if I can't even find 45 minutes over the course of a week to bang out a Breaking Breaking Bad episode I don't see how I'm going to fit in 3-5 hours of golf.

I might be wrong but I think Charlie might be having difficulties finding time to watch Breaking Bad.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Charlie and breaking bad
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:34:05 PM »
I never got into this show...I wonder if comcast has it on demand.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »
I'm on the last season and I have avoided spoilers somehow this long. I'm just trying to get through the season (which is actually pretty long) but I just can't find time to watch the episodes. It doesn't help that this is not a show to have on when kids are in the room.

What ends up happening is I feel like I have a few minutes to take a break and I decide to turn it on. Five minutes in the interruptions start, kids walking in, people calling for me to come help them with something. The only way I ever really get to watch a full episode is if I'm working from home and I say fuck it and watch one, or on a weekend if the kids and wife happen to be out or busy.

I did the same thing with The Wire but gave up early in season 5. I've been trying to get through Breaking Bad for a few years now and have made it this far, so I should be able to get to the finish line.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »
I found a way to deal with what you're dealing with: stop sleeping. Yep, that works.

I was trying to be funny,, but the truth is lately I have been going to sleep between 1 and 2 am and waking up at 6:35am - for like the past two months or so. I'm tired. and sick. but I either watch fucking tv or play COD late into the night after I do everything I "need" to do.

Now for the real solution - I can stream and/or download some shows through comcast on my phone. So I can watch where ever I have a few minutes - even on the john!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 05:25:54 PM »
Breaking Bad's on Netflix, so I can do that, too. Although at the moment we're using my brother-in-law's account and I don't have his password so I don't have it set up on my phone.

That's actually how watched The Wire. Probably half the episodes were watched while I sat in my kids room trying to help one or the other fall asleep, one hand holding their hand and the other holding my iPod with The Wire on and headphones in my ear.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 06:18:16 PM »
Simple: Drug the kids and wife and enjoy a mini marathon.  Or take a sick day from work and go to a library and finish it :D

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:20:50 PM »
At this point I don't really even have to take a sick day. I can just stay home and watch...

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »
My wife and I started watching it a couple months ago.  Didn't get past the 4th or 5th episode.  We gave it an honest try but it just didn't appeal to us.  We were looking for something to fill the gap while waiting for the next season of House of Cards.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 10:54:09 PM »
charlie, your avatar is freaking me the fuck out.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »
charlie, your avatar is freaking me the fuck out.

reminds me of Salvador Dali - even though it was Dali's mustache that turned up like that!

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 12:22:20 PM »
I finished!

I feel so accomplished. And I didn't have any spoilers ruin it for me, at least none that I remembered when I got to the end.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
Are you happy now?