Author Topic: I have to re-do our company's web site. Need advice.  (Read 2995 times)

Gades

• wasn't me
  • Jackass III
I have to re-do our company's web site. Need advice.
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:03:41 AM »
OK, here I am.

We've got a website, which is kind of nice. Everything is dinamically created, and blah blah blah. But, the actual code is a mess. And I mean a real mess.
So, now that we want to add / modify a few things, it's just almost impossible.

Therefore, I've been suggested (by the guy who wrote it in the first place), to start from zero.

I've also been suggested to use something like PHP.

Now, I've studied (a couple of years ago) some web design, so I did some HTML, Perl, JavaScript... But not PHP, though I've been told that I should be able to pick it up.

So, who's the pretty (or not pretty) boy who'd like to have a quick glance at our actual site and tell me if I should go ahead or not? or if I should use something else? or any other comments?

All I ask is a 5 minutes tour  :praying:

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: I have to re-do our company's web site. Need advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:48:16 AM »
I'll take a look.  PHP is actually pretty easy to use and shouldn't take you long to pick up.  If you've done anything with C, it'll be a total breeze.  A lot of the functions are the same.  I can send you some samples of my own work if you wish.  Is there a database involved?  MySQL?  MSSQL?  Oracle?

I'm not really sure what I can tell you about the site by just looking at it, however.  I can critique a site, but helping with the dynamics will require a lot of background knowledge.

Gades

• wasn't me
  • Jackass III
Re: I have to re-do our company's web site. Need advice.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:32:09 AM »
OK Mr Doobie, I'm PMing you with more details... (aka the web address)