Author Topic: smf question  (Read 2666 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
smf question
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:22:37 PM »
v 1.1.5

is there a way i can make it so that users dont have to type "1" or anything when posting attachments? We post alot of pics and it would just be easier.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: smf question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »
Find
Code: (Post.php) [Select]
if (!isset($_POST['message']) || $func['htmltrim']($_POST['message']) === '')
$post_errors[] = 'no_message';
elseif (!empty($modSettings['max_messageLength']) && $func['strlen']($_POST['message']) > $modSettings['max_messageLength'])
Replace with
Code: [Select]
if (!empty($modSettings['max_messageLength']) && $func['strlen']($_POST['message']) > $modSettings['max_messageLength'])

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
ty sir. only one more question. Is there a way i can make two specific boards (by id maybe?) viewable to everyone, but still only grant access to a specific membergroup? I want them to know its there, and pay the 5 bucks (prolly thur scription mod) for me to allow them in
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »
Check the mod site, I think there is something there

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »
ok will do. i lied though i have one more lame question (im WAY more rusty then i thought)

in my theme i dont have an unread posts link, and i want one. at the top there is a line to show the topics by how many members and the new member. i want to replace that. so i found (index.template)

<div id="userinfo">   
                   <b>', $context['common_stats']['total_posts'], '</b> ', $txt[95], ' ', $txt['smf88'], ' <b>', $context['common_stats']['total_topics'], '</b> ', $txt[64], '- ', $txt[525], ' <span style="white-space: nowrap;"><b>', $context['common_stats']['total_members'], '</b> ', $txt[19], '</span> -
                     ', $txt[656], ': <b> ', $context['common_stats']['latest_member']['link'], '</b>';

echo '
   </div>

And nothing i do will allow me to change it. I basically want something dumb like

echo   '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread;start=0">' , View Unread Posts..., '</a></li>';
But it wont work inside that div....

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
Find
Code: (Post.php) [Select]
if (!isset($_POST['message']) || $func['htmltrim']($_POST['message']) === '')
$post_errors[] = 'no_message';
elseif (!empty($modSettings['max_messageLength']) && $func['strlen']($_POST['message']) > $modSettings['max_messageLength'])
Replace with
if (!empty($modSettings['max_messageLength']) && $func['strlen']($_POST['message']) > $modSettings['max_messageLength'])

I replaced it, and tried to post with an attachment and no text and it still fired off the

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.