Author Topic: Days Off  (Read 1548 times)

Howdy

• Spin the big ring
  • Jackass III
  • 2nd best friend
Days Off
« on: June 17, 2005, 09:44:47 PM »
Howdy,
 R went to a workshop this week, she left Thursday and won't be back until Sunday. I took a couple of days off to hang out with the kids. What a hoot, this is a blast, we just hang out and do the guy thing, pizza, basketball, ice cream and stay up as late as we want. It's as much fun as a guy can have with  4, 9 & 12 year old boys, unless of course your last name is Jackson :devil: ....

M.R.
When you think they're sending obvious signals, then, you're obviously misleading yourself.
Microbe
3,996 (218:59:49 hours) miles of my 7,000 mile goal this year

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Days Off
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 09:48:25 PM »
LOL.  Glad to hear you're getting a little R&R.  Are you home for a while now?  Are you still moving to the land of Stealth & the Pyro.

salvelinus

• Founders
Days Off
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 10:07:54 PM »
Yowza Howdy. Only one boy here, 9, but it's scary how much he worships me. Good, but?
Well, as long as it lasts, he & I are best pals. Maybe it's an ego stroke for me. But we're connecting in a way that I hope will beat out the teenage "what an asshole" years.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Howdy

• Spin the big ring
  • Jackass III
  • 2nd best friend
Days Off
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 10:18:46 PM »
Howdy,
  Yea the Aussie thing is still happening, looks like 2-3 months from now, I have to finish 2 coal prep plants, a gold processing facility and an aggregate plant first then I'll go down there and look around. As near as I can tell I'll be living there by September or October.
  @Sal, I find the more time I spend with these guys the better friends we get to be, the older ones love to ride bicycles with me and the younger one, Nic likes me to tell him stories. I've actually changed my outlook on things and take time off to hang with them when a couple of years ago I would have just said "Nope, sorry guys, I've got to go to work today...".
  After spending 4 monthes on the road I kinda think I owe them at least a little bit of dad on kid attention.

M.R.
When you think they're sending obvious signals, then, you're obviously misleading yourself.
Microbe
3,996 (218:59:49 hours) miles of my 7,000 mile goal this year

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
Days Off
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 11:28:25 PM »
Quote from: Howdy
... unless of course your last name is Jackson :devil:

:rofl:
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

salvelinus

• Founders
Days Off
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 05:47:16 AM »
Quote from: Howdy
 @Sal, I find the more time I spend with these guys the better friends we get to be, the older ones love to ride bicycles with me and the younger one, Nic likes me to tell him stories. I've actually changed my outlook on things and take time off to hang with them when a couple of years ago I would have just said "Nope, sorry guys, I've got to go to work today...".

M.R.

I took off full time work for about 5 years to take care of the kids, Mr. Mom. It was worth it, although I'm sure it hit career chances. Colleen had the better job/benefits.
I love hanging out with Brian. He goes fishing with me, and wants his own polarized glasses so he can see into the water. He wants to be like me so much it breaks my heart.
The girls love me, but they're pre & pub girls, and sometimes love me, sometimes hate me.
Sunday, they'll love me, at least till I tell them no on something. And Amy's singing a Father's Day song in church. But, after that, with luck, I'll be on the stream.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD