Author Topic: Junior Seau dead  (Read 5994 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Junior Seau dead
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
This is unexpected....wonder what happened.

Junior Seau, a 12-time NFL Pro Bowl linebacker, was found dead today in his home, the result of a gunshot wound, police confirmed.
Police are currently investigating the shooting at the Oceanside, Calif., residence of the former New England Patriot and San Diego Charger's football star as a suicide. The police confirmed that Seau was found by his girlfriend at his beachfront home with a gunshot wound to his chest.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/05/report_junior_s.html
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Junior Seau dead
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
He got shot

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »
He got shot
by himself in the chest from the sound of things. I hope studying his brain does some good

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
He got shot
by himself in the chest from the sound of things. I hope studying his brain does some good

I'm getting the impression that they don't know what happened and that the self infliction is speculation based off the death of another player.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »
What do you base that on, I haven't heard anything at all that contradicted the suicide story

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
Well most people don't shot themselves in the chest to commit suicide.  Would be kinda awkward...

Unless he was trying to preserve his brain.  /shrug

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »
because of the wording:

Seau's death, by gunshot wound to the chest, is similar to the way former Chicago Bears defensive back Dave Duerson died of suicide. Duerson shot himself in the chest on Feb. 17 -- a method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy), a trauma-induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head.

However i went back to quote the police part and realized it says they are investing it as a suicide. I misread that earlier.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
Well most people don't shot themselves in the chest to commit suicide.  Would be kinda awkward...

Unless he was trying to preserve his brain.  /shrug

Thats really the only reason. Unless he was killed it would take a powerful emotional commitment to something to endure the pain and suffering of a chest based suicide.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »
That's sadly becoming a common way for athletes to kill themselves specifically for that reason.  Football does terrible things to people's brains. My wife and have already agreed we won't let our son play for that reason

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »
Apparently crime scene photos gave leaked so you can do your big man pseudo cop analysis rod

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »
Cheez, I'm surprised by that decision. Unless he is heading for the NFL the likely hood of that is all very very small. Equipment is very good. The problems come from the pressure of playing when injured. Also the same things can happen crossing the street.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »
Apparently crime scene photos gave leaked so you can do your big man pseudo cop analysis rod

I have done so an determined the cause of death to be from a shark bite to the ass. Gun shot wound is clearly coincidental.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
Plenty of kids end up with concussions or worse in high school. There's no reason to even start down that road

jkim

• Jackass In Charge