Author Topic: Disc Golf  (Read 2528 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Disc Golf
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
I'm supposed to play this weekend for the first time (we'll first full round) and I need to get a few discs.

Anyone else play and know what some good discs are to get? Perhaps a good general all purpose beginner sort of disc and then some nicer specific ones (leaning towards the slightly forgiving)?
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Disc Golf
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »
is this as boring as regular golf?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:57:29 AM »
Frolf?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
It was actually pretty fun. We went to a really nice course just north of the cities here that I guess is one of the nice ones around. http://blueribbonpines.net/

It was a little tricky I though cause we had just gotten about 4-6in of snow the other night and I was amazed that the guys I was with could find the discs all the time. We almost lost two but they were both found after quite a bit of searching.

We played two rounds of 27 holes. The first round was terrible but the second one was much better. This was a pretty hard course though will all the trees and crap. Definitely not the most fun for a beginner person like me that's just trying to figure out how to control the discs. There's another course south west of me that's more of an open field type that I think we might play next time which should give me a better opportunity to play around with different throws. It's amazing how much different each disc is from each other, they all sort of look the same to me.

I'll go again.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
So what'd you shoot throw?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 12:49:25 PM »
First round, +17. Second round +8.

Oh and my shoulder is terribly sore and I'm having a hard time turning around. Ouch.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 01:07:26 PM »
So how far is a typical hole? Do you really have to be able to throw far to score well?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
On this course, throwing straight is probably the most important, or at least being able to control the throw. Typical holes are 250 - 300 some feet. Some longer, a few shorter. We just played everything as a par 4. I wasn't throwing as far as the others that were using "distance drivers" and I was still doing alright. The better guys were scoring like 11 under. The typical guys were pretty much par.