Author Topic: Gonna buy me a Jersey  (Read 4499 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Gonna buy me a Jersey
« on: August 18, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »
Looks like my hometown Vikings are going to be playing with Favre. Now, I'm not a big foosball fan, but my neighbor is a big Green Bay fan and I figure it will be fun to drink with him in my purple Favre jersey. You know, to match his.  :devil:
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Gonna buy me a Jersey
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »
Nooo!!!oo!!!

I knew exactly who you meant as soon as I saw the thread title. :p

I'm not a big fan of Favre (I'm a niner fan!), and this whole thing about being retired and then not retired and then retired is really silly. But I do think that's a good reason to buy a jersey if you're going to buy one.

Then again, at this point maybe Packer fans are sick of hearing about him, so they won't mind.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:09:10 AM »
I hope AJ Hawk breaks him in  half

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
I want to hear the booos when he walks into Green Bay.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
The one Green Bay fan at work went from not caring earlier this summer to relief when he retired to being furious yesterday afternoon.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »
I'll let you borrow my jersey cheez.

just to be clear, I'm not actually going to buy a jersey since I don't really care. But that won't stop me from mentioning it to my neighbor the next time I see him.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 10:16:53 AM »
I wonder how far I could push being a fake Viking fan before being called out on it.

"You are a fan of MSU, the Red Wings, the Tigers, and.... the Vikings?"

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
Hmmm.... all your other teams are Detroit/Michigan teams. That means your football team would otherwise be the Lions.

Yeah, I don't think anybody would bat an eyelash over you being a fan of the Vikings.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 10:41:32 AM »
Yea, choosing the Vikings is fair in that case.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
My point exactly.

Although the GB fan here is from MI and otherwise supports the same teams as me.  He's from the northwest side of the state, though.  Once you get close to Lake Michigan and into the UP the line gets blurry because you're actually closer to Wisconsin than Detroit.  Same reason SW Michigan has lots of Cubs fans.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »
I wonder how far I could push being a fake Viking fan before being called out on it.

"You are a fan of MSU, the Red Wings, the Tigers, and.... the Vikings?"

I never really had a college team, and then when i moved out here i learned very fast you choose U of M or MSU. No other team exists, those are the only options, and either way half the state will hate you :rofl2:

I went with MSU :D

Also i can honestly say i have no f'n clue how close to the UP i am, but im about 30min from Grand Haven/Lake Michigan and theres alot of Packers fans there.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 11:29:05 AM »
I'd guess you're probably 4 hours from the UP (woot, google maps says i'm right on).  There's a ferry from Ludington that takes a little more than 3 hours to get to WI

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »
I'd guess you're probably 4 hours from the UP (woot, google maps says i'm right on).  There's a ferry from Ludington that takes a little more than 3 hours to get to WI

I know its about 2 hours to traverse city, and if i remember correctly thats heading right towards to UP. Lake Michigan is so fucking big, its funny how i can be 30min from one part of it, and hours from another. The first time i went there it had stormed the day prior and there were actual waves. I looked at pat and said dude....this is a lake?? lol
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »
> I know its about 2 hours to traverse city, and if i remember correctly thats heading right towards to UP.

It's heading in that direction, but there's no freeway north of GR once you pass Cadillac and then if you're going through TC to the UP you're not going to hit another freeway until at least Gaylord or Mackinac City

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »
Yea i had to run up that way one time, dont member it too well since i do so much driving but i remember going toward traverse we were taking alot of back roads.

how far from GR are you? I should come out there for a beer sometime