Author Topic: Upgraded my camera  (Read 2153 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Upgraded my camera
« on: September 14, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »
It didn't take long for the camera hobby to get out of control. As an early birthday present to myself I picked up a Sony a7s. I liked the feel of it better than the newer mark ii bodies even though those have stabilization and such. I probably could have been fine with an a7 but I shoot a lot inside in low light so I figured the 'S' would be a better option, even at the cost of less megapixels. So now I have my nice little Sony solution combined with my a6000.

So far I'm liking the camera. It really is amazing to use the same lenses I've been using on my a6000 and get a bit more out of them but also reinforces just how nice the a6000 is too. Having the extra depth of field capability really steps up some of the pictures. It is kind of interesting to notice the differences in the deficiencies of some of the legacy lenses though on the a7s vs the a6000. Vignetting that wasn't a concern on the a6000 now comes a bit into play.

I think I'm going to be picking up a 75mm lens to round out my "collection" and then I should be good for a bit.
This signature intentionally left blank.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Upgraded my camera
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »
Got any recent shots to show off? :)