Joe Biden (D)
3 (60%)
Jo Jorgensen (L)
2 (40%)
Howie Hawkins (G)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 02:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 53807 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2020, 12:41:57 AM »
Micah, I've never seen eye to eye with you on most things political so I won't even try.  Your opinion of things 'going pretty well' seems to be dipped in some Fox News nonsense.  The tax bullshit he got passed is only going to come back to bite us.  And shit, the changes to the W4 totally fucked me on federal taxes this year.  Anyone in economics will tell you that we're headed for another recession.  How bad remains to be seen.  Foreign relations, despite his claims, seem to be terrible and trending down. Our only saving grace is that most countries see Trump as an ass-clown and don't link that to the rest of the country.  What always happens is that republicans get into office, offer some 'great' tax cut, fuck over the country, and then a democrat comes back into office and puts the big boy pants back on the country but then gets blamed for not giving everyone enough money.  And tell me how Trump is taking away big government, like you guys always seem to strive for?  Because it seems to have only gotten worse.

Jake, I assume you're either trolling again or maybe you lean farther right that I thought. 

I think both of your opinions of what the majority think are skewed.  Do I love any of the dems?  Not really.  I would have taken Warren.  Pete said some good things but lacked the experience.  Bernie is too extreme and I hope he doesn't win it.  I don't love Biden but I'll take it if that is the option.  Certainly ANY of them are better than Trump.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2020, 09:52:57 AM »
Jake, I assume you're either trolling again or maybe you lean farther right that I thought.

this time I'm not trolling and I don't know what would make you think I was farther right. I am just looking at the situation pragmatically and similarly to how I began in this thread, I pointed out to shortcomings of the dems in these primaries. Their inability to field a candidate that can actually defeat Trump. Why is that leaning "farther right than you thought"?

And yes, as much as I wouldn't want to, in the event it would be Bernie v Trump, I would vote for Trump out of spite that the dems would go to such a left extreme.

But, as it will be Biden v Trump, I will probably vote for neither, but I will wait to make that decision after seeing the third party candidates. If it was Biden v Trump only, with no other more plausible options, I would vote Biden.

And I still think that Bloomberg was the dems best option - and the only option Trump feared. Too bad that didn't happen, because it would be one helluva campaign cycle. - again, this is just my pragmatic observation.

Dems blundered this opportunity to take over the white house. All they had to do is field a middle of the road candidate, with decent executive experience that can sway the disenfranchised republican vote. And then start building off of that. This comment doesn't make me lean dem or rep, it is just a realistic view of the times. I hope that the reps will be able to field someone like that in the next cycle. And until then, I am bracing myself for 4 more years of the D.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2020, 01:28:29 PM »
You don't want to vote Dem in order to punish them for not fielding a good candidate... but you're fine voting Republican despite the fact that they nominated Trump? What you're really saying is you like Trump better than the Democrats, right?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2020, 01:40:59 PM »
You don't want to vote Dem in order to punish them for not fielding a good candidate... but you're fine voting Republican despite the fact that they nominated Trump? What you're really saying is you like Trump better than the Democrats, right?

not right. But if you want to bring it down to that level, I like Trump more than I like Bernie.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2020, 01:42:39 PM »
All they had to do is field a middle of the road candidate, with decent executive experience that can sway the disenfranchised republican vote.

Isn't that Biden?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »
Biden is more middle of the road but he comes with a little baggage IMO.   I think Jake is looking for someone a little lesser-known, from the business sector.. someone Trump-like?  That's what I take away from his comments.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
Biden does have too much baggage and Trump and his cronies will eat him alive. Sleepy Joe, Creepy, Joe, the hole thing with his son - on and on - Trump will make his life hell. I feel for the guy. wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2020, 06:08:38 PM »
So what you're saying is "field a middle of the road candidate, with decent executive experience that can sway the disenfranchised republican vote" is not, in fact, all they had to do?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2020, 06:10:52 PM »
Hey Jake, why do you keep talking about what will happen in the election when the discussion comes to why you'd vote for one candidate or another?

Like, I'm really trying to understand your mindset but I just get a bunch of meta-commentary.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »
So what you're saying is "field a middle of the road candidate, with decent executive experience that can sway the disenfranchised republican vote" is not, in fact, all they had to do?

I should have added: "and not Biden"

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2020, 06:16:02 PM »
Looks like warren finally came to her senses. Her timing is not great because some of her supporters might vote for Bernie and not Biden

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »

I should have added: "and not Biden"

I think you should have just said, "I'm a Republican so it will take a lot for me to vote in a way that hurts the Republican candidate."

When you're this picky about the democratic candidates, it's probably because you just don't like Democrats and you don't mind Trump. Which is fine of course, but if only one Democratic candidate would have been acceptable as an alternative to Trump then all this other rationalizing seems unnecessary.

Her timing is not great because some of her supporters might vote for Bernie and not Biden

Most of her supporters probably prefer Sanders regardless of when she bows out.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2020, 06:02:04 AM »
Wow.  You guys jumping on Jake enough?  Jeez...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »
Wow.  You guys jumping on Jake enough?  Jeez...

I think that Charlie, and Mike, and Ober (to a lesser extent) are concentrating on the wrong thing here. They seem to be concentrating on how I will vote and why, where I am posting about how Trump can lose this election and the overall failure of the democratic party to make that happen. As an example:

Her timing is not great because some of her supporters might vote for Bernie and not Biden

Most of her supporters probably prefer Sanders regardless of when she bows out.

Charlie is missing the point here entirely. I said what I did because I know Bernie has no chance in the general election*, and with Warren leaving when she did, he now has a slight chance to become the candidate because there is a big likely hood that her followers will now vote for Bernie and not Biden.

*Plus fielding Bernie as the candidate equates [for about 50% of America] to fielding Trump to the other 50. Fielding Bernie would divide the electorate even more than it is right now. And you would have middle of the road people who are reluctant to vote for trump actually voting for him because they disagree with the other option so much more. I am one of those people, yes, that is true. I would bat an eye to Trump's shortcomings to punish the democrats for fielding such an extremely left candidate by granting Trump a historic landslide victory.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »
2 wrongs don't make a right.  I still stand by the fact that any Democrat is better than Trump.  I do agree that most people will not vote for Bernie.  I don't love Biden as an option but I do think he can beat Trump.  Is he ideal?  No.  I think it's up in the air on whether those people will vote for Trump or some shitty 3rd party option.  I am totally fine if people go 3rd party instead of Trump.

I don't disagree with some of your points, Jake.  I disagree with the concept of 'punishing the Dems' by voting for Trump.  That's a really backwards idea to me.