Joe Biden (D)
3 (60%)
Jo Jorgensen (L)
2 (40%)
Howie Hawkins (G)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 02:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 54800 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
He touched on everything from homophobia to abortion and put out invalid arguments for pretty much all of it.  It's people like this that make me cringe because people will listen to this and take something away from it.  People can sing about getting pussy or makin dat money or whatever all day long.  But don't sing about things that affect other people's lives unless you truly understand the issues.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2020, 09:43:53 PM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2020, 12:30:03 AM »
Burn?  He hasn't been the president.  How many other politicians have been in office for 30+ years that you could say the same thing about?  That's just a cheap shot.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2020, 11:30:36 PM »
what a shit show - holy cow.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2020, 12:31:27 AM »
It frankly wasn't a great look for either of them but Trump looked like a whiny baby that could not shutup.  Killed me when Biden literally told him to shut up lol!

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2020, 07:41:17 AM »
 :suicide:

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
It frankly wasn't a great look for either of them but Trump looked like a whiny baby that could not shutup.  Killed me when Biden literally told him to shut up lol!

not disagreeing at all about your assessment.  But I don't get why all the people complaining about how "unpresidential" trump is are the people loving the fact that Biden told him to "shut up, man." You really can't get any more disrespectful than that.  And for what its worth, Biden was in the middle of not answering a question when that happened.  All trump did was egg him on, as the moderator was doing, to actually address the question instead of using the time to talk about something else.  Trump might be a fucktard, but if Biden wins, I can't wait for the next four years to hear all the shit that comes out of his mouth...if his handlers ever let him talk
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2020, 01:56:22 PM »
And if Trump wins we're guaranteed more shit out of his mouth!

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2020, 06:20:57 PM »
And if Trump wins we're guaranteed more shit out of his mouth!

and his twitter account
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2020, 10:31:40 AM »
No, I'm sorry.  I don't agree with you Micah.  Trump was being a troll all fucking night and he could not stop talking over Biden.  I expect them to talk each other down to some degree but that was insane.  I don't see Biden saying 'shut up' as being unpresidential.  Frankly it was probably one of the nicer things he could have said and even the way he said it wasn't mean.  He had asked repeatedly before that (as had the moderator) for him to let him talk uninterrupted.  Trump acted like a child.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2020, 08:00:57 AM »
Welp.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2020, 08:26:56 AM »
...and the plot thickens.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »
I hate to admit it but I do question if this is even true or some other kind of misleading thing that'll get spun later on. Timing is suspect with all of the other press that's been going on lately and perhaps I watched Wag The Dog too many times but maybe the news should go back to covering tax returns, other covid infections/deaths, the dumpster fire debate etc and just wait for him to be totally fine in two weeks.

The problem with constantly misleading people is the lack of trust that generates. I don't know how anyone can trust anything that comes out of the White House that isn't backtracked, edited, or "misunderstood" later on.
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:21 PM »
Welp.

this was my first thought.

My second thought is that among the many reasons I'm not a fan of Trump is that his administration is so incompetent. Even if he wanted to play down the severity of the disease for whatever reason, they still should have been able to protect him from it. And I do understand that a President and administration (especially in the midst of a campaign) have to do a lot of essential work that makes it tougher to keep him safe but still. If they were just reasonably competent I really thing he would've avoided getting infected.

My third thought is that clearly there's a cluster of infections that occurred around the administration, and the debate was a very dangerous event when it comes to likelihood of transmission (close, indoors, lots of talking, no masks, together for a long time). So what are the chances Trump or somebody there infected Biden? Can you imagine if Biden also gets it and he is incapacitated? It's one thing if the guy losing the election dies, there's not really a crisis. But if the guy winning the election dies then even though it's clear how to proceed it would be pretty crazy. (The RNC would presumably nominate Pence to replace Trump and the DNC would have to choose somebody, probably Harris.)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2020, 12:52:16 AM »
@tmj/hans - my whole family had that discussion at dinner.  He'll probably take this 'magical cocktail' and then tell everyone else to take it and he'll be the 'hero'.  I hope it's not the case.  I hope, in a sense, that it's real and he comes to his senses.

@charlie, I'm sure you've seen by now that Biden was negative.  But yeah, I'd assume if they both kicked it we'd see Pence vs. Harris and they'd have to pick new VPs.