Author Topic: Need a new laptop  (Read 7630 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Need a new laptop
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »
Review time!

OK, so it arrived yesterday and I've been playing with it for a few hours.  Here is my initial thoughts:

1) Love the screen.  Very nice, good resolution.
2) Battery life is ... eh.  A little less than 2 hours.  Could be better IMO.
3) Features are nice.  There is a slider on the right side of the touchpad that allows for scrolling and stuff.  A lot of good stuff are buttons, not stuff you have to dig for in the software.
4) Web cam is decent.  1.3 mp and very clear and responsive.
5) Runs a little warm.  The palms of my hands are resting below the keyboard and they're warm.  Granted, I'm blocking the one fan that is currently on my lap and I'm not using my cooling pad. 
6) Nice design.  Clean, has some color, good looking.  Some parts are shiny without catching finger prints.
7) The lid doesn't have a locking mechanism to keep it closed.  Not sure if this is a big deal or not yet.
8) Has HDMI port, card reader, and plenty of USB.  Nice.
9) Seems to be very fast and responsive.  Reboots are hella-fast.
10) Video seems to be good.  Enough to run the Aero interface easily and then some.

Overall, it's a major upgrade from our existing laptop.  I'm pretty happy so far.  I'll update again once the wife gives it a good once-over.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »
the lack of a locking mechanism isnt uncommon. Alot of basic HP's dont, either. As far as heat, you should feel mine haha
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
oh and i'd kill for 2 hours of battery life
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?