Entertainment & Artistry > Sports/Outdoors & Manpoon

College football (USA)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Govtcheez:

--- Quote from: Mike on November 16, 2006, 09:22:48 PM ---Please tell me that everybody here is rational and sane and believes that college football doesn't matter.

--- End quote ---
Hey, I heard Mike doesn't like sports.

PJYelton:
There will likely never be a playoff system, the bowls are making too much money at the moment to allow either being disbanded or being relegated to a national quarterfinal or semifinal game. The only way I see it changing is if four really strong popular schools (for example USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Florida) all finish a year undefeated creating an outcry. I just think its funny that one of the big objections to having a playoff is that it took the kids away from school too much playing the extra game, then this year they go and schedule a 12th game for everybody.

As for the BCS, don't mind it, just another way to screw up the same problem.

Oh, and GO OHIO STATE!

Govtcheez:
I hate U-M with all my heart but they got fucked.  Discuss.`

ober:
They always do.  Everyone hates a winner.

PJYelton:
Yeah, not much of a discussion, Michigan got screwed end of story.

On the other hand, I might be a little more undecided about the whole playoff thing.  Watching UCLA beat the crap out of USC was a lot of fun, and if a playoff was in place that game would have been completely meaningless since at most it might have cost USC a playoff seeding or two.  Too many other sports have regular seasons that are pointless (think hockey) that maybe the way college football is now ain't such a bad thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version