Author Topic: Courtney Love to Auction Kurt Cobain's Belongings  (Read 2230 times)

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
Courtney Love to Auction Kurt Cobain's Belongings
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:17:05 PM »
Courtney Love to Auction Kurt Cobain's Belongings

Courtney Love is an easy target, though maybe unfairly. Because even though she hasn't seemed to do much justice to the memory of Kurt Cobain since his death, her life hasn't exactly been a cakewalk. Losing a spouse and raising a child alone are rough, to say the least, and Cobain worshipers aren't the most forgiving of fans.

So we'll grant her a pass for this latest Kurt-related move. In an interview with AOL music blog Spinner, Love said she plans "to have a Christie's auction" for most of the Cobain memorabilia that she possesses and "make a lot of money and give a bunch of it to charity." See, there are worse things.

Though the decision seems sudden and a little arbitrary coming 13 years after Cobain's death, Love is apparently just sick of having so many of Cobain's belongings remind her of the past. "[My house] is like a mausoleum," she said. "My daughter doesn't need to inherit a giant hefty bag full of flannel fucking shirts... A sweater, a guitar and the lyrics to '[Smells Like] Teen Spirit'-- that's what my daughter gets. And the rest of it we'll just fucking sell."

The details of the auction are still forthcoming.

Love is planning the release of her second solo album, Nobody's Daughter, which draws inspiration from her highly publicized relationships with Cobain, Billy Corgan, Trent Reznor, and actor Edward Norton, according to Spinner. "I still wear his pajamas to bed," she said of Cobain. "How am I ever going to go form another relationship in my lifetime wearing Kurt's pajamas?"

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Courtney Love to Auction Kurt Cobain's Belongings
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:27:05 AM »
> actor Edward Norton

Oh gross, what the hell Ed?

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »
No, Hole were shit. 

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
she just wants attention
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?