Author Topic: Jumping Ship  (Read 6174 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Jumping Ship
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
Any of you guys ever been a fan of a certain team you're whole life, and then changed direction later? I have been an Eagles fan for as long as i knew what a football was, and i have always been pretty proud of that ( i know, i know). But ever since the year AJ Feely was pulled for a McNabb comeback, it just hasnt been the same. I hate 90% of the decisions that team has made in the last 5 years. I hate that i feel embarrassed when i tell people who i stand behind.

Shit i wanted to throw up in that superbowl game, i mean what the hell right? I have always been a fan of three teams, with Philly being my team. Eagles, Steelers, Buccs. Naturally i always bust Steeler fan's balls cuz hey, its philly. Buccs i just like the offense style when Garcia is allowed to do his thing. I found myself the last two years paying more and more attention to Steelers then philly, and with the latest addition of Vick i have just had enough.

Reed is, imo, desprately trying to save is ass by bringing back a offense spotlighting a scrambling qb, like they had when mcnabb was a new guy on the scene. I fucking hate vick, and i hate this whole team and what they are doing. While coming up with my fantasy draft i decided to stop fighting it, and switch to my other PA team and say fuck the Eagles.

This caught some blowback from fellow eagles fans, obviously, because the Steelers took it all last season.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Jumping Ship
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 05:02:48 PM »
whats wrong with vick

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »
whats wrong with vick

he lapsed in paying his annual dues to PETA
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »
You can be a fan of whoever you want. But no, once I pick a team I've never changed direction. It would take a lot for me to do that. A lot more than what has happened in Philadelphia (you're complaining about guys who have kept that team competitive for years).

Many times I have kinda rooted for other teams and then stopped, but if the Eagles are you're team then stick with them. If you don't like what they're doing now, pay attention to other teams, too and be ready to come back in a few years (or weeks) when you change your mind.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »
my team went 0-16 last year.  can we think about that for a second.  you guys went to the super bowl a few years ago.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »
my team went 0-16 last year.  can we think about that for a second.  you guys went to the super bowl a few years ago.

I dont know how you guys stay loyal to that team. If i see one more "0-16!" pride sticker i think im gonna puke.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »
All I can say is Go Steelers!  :)

I did that in baseball though.  I was a die-hard Orioles fan for years and then my interest faded after repeated stupid decisions, similar to what the Eagles have done.  The owner is a complete jackass.  So I decided to make a clean break and become an Indians fan when I moved to Ohio.  I don't regret it one bit.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:54:40 PM »
Luckily for college i always liked Michigan State and Alabama so voting Spartans is easy :D

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 06:13:53 AM »
You can't like MSU and bama.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 07:17:32 AM »
I don't like obama.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:34 AM »
alabama you illiterate guido

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 08:09:09 AM »

Here!  Here!

or is that supposed to be Hear!  Hear!

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
Fair Weather Fan
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »
alabama you illiterate guido

If you will recall i have only been watching college for two years, and never actually picked a team. Just saying they were the top two i liked to watch

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:41 PM »
MSU fans should root against Bama because of Nick Saban.  He left MSU on the eve of the Citrus Bowl in the 99-00 season and plunged us into the Bobby Williams/John L Smith era.  Fuck Nick Saban.