Author Topic: Limbaugh Controversy  (Read 3717 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Limbaugh Controversy
« on: October 15, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Limbaugh Controversy
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
I think he should sue
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,566983,00.html?test=faces

edit: the media, not the NFL or the group he was apart of to buy the team.

edit2:  here's Rush's thoughts on the matter: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_101409/content/01125112.guest.html
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »
he can fire back and ramble all he wants, but hes a bigger racist prick then i am.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »
hes a bigger racist prick then i am.

[citation needed]
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
RoD and Rush meetup in an airport bathroom and compared prick sizes.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
I love how it's the other guy's fault and the NFLPA president's fault and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton's fault but Rush can't fathom why people wouldn't want him to own a team in the most popular league in the country if not for them.

Damn you NFLPA president!  If not for you, fair Rush would own the Rams!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »
I hope Glenn Beck buys the Lions, that'd be hilarious

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »
I'm sorry.... I just love.... this team.... so much.....

*releases Calvin Johnson, moves team to Flint*

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »
I thought the letter written by the NFLPA dude (Smith I think) was pretty good. If I remember correctly, he didn't make any demands and acknowledged that the players association didn't necessarily have any standing to do anything about it, but that they wanted to voice their potential concerns about someone like Limbaugh being allowed as an owner.

Other than that, no big deal. I'm glad enough of a stink was made about it to keep Limbaugh out. Of course, since the Rams are a division rival of the 49ers that would have just been a reason to hate them more.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
I'm sure most of the owners have similar views to Limbaugh

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
I'm sure most of the owners have similar views to Limbaugh
I wouldn't doubt it.  They're all very wealthy.  Rich people tend to fall into two camps -- nutty liberals or hard core capitalist-conservatives.  I genuinely doubt there is much middle ground in the bunch.

I disagree with you though cheez about saying Rush should blame himself and not those who slandered him to get him kicked out of the group.  Of course he should blame them... if they didn't organize a smear campaign against him no one would have cared and no one probably even would have known he was a minority owner of the team and when they did find out, they still wouldn't care.  Honestly, I already assumed he was a part owner of the Steelers - he talks about them endlessly on his show every week during football season.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »
> when they did find out, they still wouldn't care.

Slander or no, people are going to care when someone of his stature and notoriety has an ownership stake in an NFL team.  It's not like the owners of teams are secrets.  He's obviously a very polarizing person and when it got out, people were going to start talking about it.

The hard thing about free speech is that when you are a total asshole like Limbaugh is, people tend to get angry at you.  Blaming other people for him getting kicked out when the reality is that he's got a big angry mouth is retarded

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »
he's got a big angry mouth is retarded

I get the feeling you don't listen to his show. I'd agree with that statement if we were talking about Beck, O'reily or even Hannity -- but Limbaugh is rational and usually level headed.  When callers make outrageous or nutty right-wing comments he backs them off a bit.  When he does say stuff that gets him in "trouble," its nearly always tongue-in-cheek or satirical and then later taken out of context.  His show is genuinely fun to listen too and I even find myself laughing out loud some times.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
> I get the feeling you don't listen to his show

Hi, I'm Govtcheez.  We've obviously just met.

> When he does say stuff that gets him in "trouble," its nearly always tongue-in-cheek or satirical and then later taken out of context

This is the excuse for everything dumb he says, but whenever I see context it doesn't make a lick of difference

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »
>Hi, I'm Govtcheez.  We've obviously just met.
oh right.

>whenever I see context it doesn't make a lick of difference

context doesn't mean the 3 paragraphs preceding the text or listening for 5 minutes.  Context means understanding the way the show works, the subtle and complex humor and a connection with the hosts personality.  Its hard to explain.. he often says on his show that you need to listen to him for 6 weeks before you judge him.  I always thought that was an odd thing to say but now it makes sense.  You just have to "get" the show before you start nit-picking the little things that happen in it.

For example, you have to know that he often pretends to agree with nutty callers because he knows that the audience already knows what he's thinking and are rolling their eyes listening to the caller.  He doesn't have to call them out on being a nutty leftist or right wing kook because its funnier to the audience to just let the person give all their talking points.