Author Topic: Krav Maga  (Read 3506 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Krav Maga
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
Fuckin 'a im getting killed  :lol: I did it for a bit non-religiously in NJ but the instructors here are great and it's definitely the real deal, not that shit from NJ. Tuesdays and Thursdays for an hour. Going again tonight with our group, but shit im still sore and moving slow from Tuesday. They do a thing called puke drills which is basically three on one testing multiple multiple things. For example tuesday was punch for 1 minute, knife drills for 1 minute, focus mits for two minutes, kick for one minute, ground knife for 30 seconds and ground work for 30 seconds. Each person does that twice through then rotates to one of the other positions for the next guy.

How i didn't live up to the name of puke drill i dont know.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Krav Maga
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:25:30 PM »
Krav is pretty cool, more of a combat rip your eyes out sort of martial art than a sport. We do something like your puke drills in Judo too, it's called shark bait. Basically you fight one person after another without stopping. As your fighting one guy, the next guy will come up and get the best position he can before the other guy has even left the fight so you have no chance to rest or even start equal. This goes on for 5 or 6 minutes than you rotate the bait.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
Krav is pretty cool, more of a combat rip your eyes out sort of martial art than a sport. We do something like your puke drills in Judo too, it's called shark bait. Basically you fight one person after another without stopping. As your fighting one guy, the next guy will come up and get the best position he can before the other guy has even left the fight so you have no chance to rest or even start equal. This goes on for 5 or 6 minutes than you rotate the bait.

Yea im all about let's just fucking kill the guy lol. They haven't amped it up quite to that level yet but the instructor said in a few weeks it changes to random times, opponents, etc. So it will get to a level where i dont know who, what, or when the next thing is coming
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 08:05:10 AM »
Dude, FML today man. I was the perfect height and weight for demonstrations of gun take aways, kali style knife defense, and some other stuff so the instructor was kicking my ass all night :lol:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:38:25 AM »
HEEL TO THE BALLS!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »
:lol:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
Some pictures from class, taken by one of the guys there. I'm just snatching a few from the album, since most of you can see them on my Facebook.

#1 - Instructor Tony

#2 - Pat's son, broken thumb and all

#3 - Pat holding for someone

#4 - Me. Not a fan of this shot, we were only doing 40% speed but John moved a little and i hit the bag way wrong

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:44:09 PM by RoD »

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
Requesting (resized) pictures of you getting your ass kicked plz

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 02:37:33 PM »
shit i didnt realize they were that big. gimme a few and i'll link them in from facebook

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 02:44:21 PM »
there ya go

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 07:47:49 PM »
i think he was more requesting pictures of your ass getting kicked than requesting the previous images to be resized :p

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
It was both

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:40 AM »
There are none of me getting my ass kicked.

Yet.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »
Must be nice having a dojo with permanent mats installed. We have to set up and take down the mats every class cause we're in a gym.