Author Topic: NBA - China thing  (Read 3233 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
NBA - China thing
« on: October 16, 2019, 09:12:14 AM »
I'm really disappointed with the way the NBA is handling the China "controversy" - I'm almost to the point where I might stop watching it all together. I'm disappointed in the players and their comments - like LeBron and Harden - WTF is wrong with those guys. What do you guys think?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: NBA - China thing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 04:04:05 PM »
I think we as a society give too many fucks what sport ball players say or think.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
From what I've seen I'm not a fan of LeBron's reaction (haven't seen Harden's). But I don't watch the NBA because I agree with the politics of the players or the owners or anybody in between.

I'm curious to see what the NBA does though. I get that the players are unhappy about Morey's tweet because it's going to cut into the league's revenue and their salaries are directly tied to that revenue. But still you'd hope they'd be more aware of the hypocrisy of criticizing Morey for speaking out because it costs the league money and partnerships but also being the first people to speak out on domestic issues.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 11:12:39 PM »
You're really going to stop watching the games because of what a few people said?  That seems like a radical response.  That's like my wife refusing to watch movies or shows with certain people in it because of what she read about them in an article online. 

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 05:55:54 AM »
I agree with Obes and Mike.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:15:48 PM »
You're really going to stop watching the games because of what a few people said?  That seems like a radical response.

same way I haven't been to a starbucks for like 4 years because they pissed me off about something - I don't even remember what it was now, but I hold a grudge!! ;)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 10:20:28 PM »
and I'm not really going to stop watching the games, but I am frustrated with the hipocrisy (is that a word?) of the whole thing and of certain players and coaches around the league. When it comes to money, they are the first to throw "convictions" to the side.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 11:57:21 AM »
When it comes to money, they are the first to throw "convictions" to the side.

Sadly, this is actually most people.

Especially the Republicans

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »
Haha especially what??