Author Topic: Super Mario Bros Wii  (Read 3505 times)

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Super Mario Bros Wii
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »
Since ethic isn't here to post it....

announced at E3 today:
http://kotaku.com/5275748/nintendo-reveals-the-new-super-mario-bros-wii

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Super Mario Bros Wii
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
nice. my wife will be excited about that.  We never use our wii but those are the types of games she likes.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:41:13 PM »
I'm shocked it took this long :)
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:02:15 PM »
Siiiiick  :woot:

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:07:31 AM »
I didn't pay much attention to what the game play was like before, but I just stumbled on an article that said:
It's an interesting experiment in game theory. You're all trying to get to the goal, but as you move from left to right you'll be competing for the same coins, helping each other get to hard-to-reach areas, and sometimes getting in each other's way. A botched jump may cause you to land on someone else's head, which could ruin their jump, which could then cause them to fall to their death. Even if you bring the character back by popping the bubble containing them as it floats across the screen, you can expect some payback.
Which sounds awesome, but it's not original. The one game that comes to mind is "Rescue Rangers" for NES, which is one of my favorite games of all time (even though I always forget how much fun it was). Anyone else play it? I have such fond memories of stomping on Chip's head (often played by my sister) or throwing box after box at him, then watching him get mauled by a mechanical dog :D Not to mention how entertaining it was to just pick up the other player and watch them struggle.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
I cant remember alot about RR, but i do remember having it and paying it more then most of my other games.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Cshot

• Jackass III
  • Green Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 02:04:10 PM »
The single player gameplay is very similar to the new DS version. The final boss battle is awesome though. Nice way to keep it fresh. Also it has some replay value because after you beat the game, it unlocks World 9. In order to lock levels in World 9 however, you need to go back and collect all the star coins in the first 8 worlds. So if you collect all the star coins in World 1, that unlocks level 9-1.

The multiplayer is where it's at though. Played it with some family over at Thanksgiving and it was wild. Multiplayer with 4 players equals ultimate jackage (e.g. jump on other players, throw koopa shells at them, throw others into the lava).

We eventually got tired of dying too much on the more difficult levels and it evolved into more team-based play with only the occasional guy being thrown into the lava hahah