Author Topic: Video Issues  (Read 2852 times)

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
Video Issues
« on: October 13, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »
I use VLC Media Player to watch videos on my computer. I noticed the colour wasnt that great, better than WMP (which has a white haze on it - thats how it appears). I downloaded a new version of VLC and updated my video drivers.

The quality in VLC was perfect. I realized once I opened up a full screen application (while the movie was paused), or WMP, once I reverted back to the movie, the quality would degrade, and have the white haze on it.

In my taskbar I have an Nvidia Control Panel, and there is an option to revert to Hardward Defaults. Once I did that, it was back to normal.

Any idea on how I can always keep those defaults? I don't know why they are being changed.

Thanks

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Video Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:52:49 AM »
I'm having the same problem with the white haze on my videos when I'm streaming them.  It fixes itself when I click around on the nvidia control panel as well.

Grr.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 11:38:50 PM »
Hey Canuck, you figure any of this out?

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 06:42:04 PM »
I was using the xvid codecs, Im using the k-lite codecs now, its a little better, still not as good as it should be though :(

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 08:13:58 PM »
I was using the xvid codecs, Im using the k-lite codecs now, its a little better, still not as good as it should be though :(

Try http://www.free-codecs.com/download/XP_Codec_Pack.htm