Author Topic: FF3 & Opera9 Certificate issues  (Read 2681 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
FF3 & Opera9 Certificate issues
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
I just purchased the full out package from Captira and im having some problems with Linux. They are pretty good with tech support, but i am their first Linux user so it's a learning process and i figure the more people looking into it the better right? Ok some background:

Captira is a system to basically manage our bail business, and run all kinda of background, credit, etc checks on people. It's powered by Citrix. Their toolkit is a webapp, which is powered by the Citrix client installed to the computer, and verified by the Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority Root Certificate SSL Certificates.

Now, on Windows 7 (VB) and Windows XP (second computer) the system works perfectly. Not so much for Linux.

I installed the client software for Linux from Citrix, and modified FF to use the ICA file properly. That part works perfect. My issue is that with FireFox3 and Opera 9 both browsers tell me that i cannot access the toolkit because i have not accept the Go Daddy cert mentioned above. Now the Windows boxes did this as well, and i had to manually install the certs to internet explorer, and then it works fine.

On Linux i have installed all the certs to both browsers, but i still get the error. Any ideas? Stupid Go Daddy. Captira is working on finding or making a fix, but like i said im the first non-windows user.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: FF3 & Opera9 Certificate issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:55:09 AM »
Also to note i told FF3 that the certs were allowed to identify websites and systems, no help.

I'll even settle for a browser for linux that will work, i dont really care. I'm almost ready to yank opera completely so im more worried about FF but i'll keep Opera if it plays nice with Captira.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »
You guys still wont let me edit? Jebus.

Running Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty 64Bit but have also tested on Jaunty 32Bit and Intrepid 32Bit so its not the OS.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:14:59 PM »
No experience with Linux and either browser, sorry.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »
Captira brought in a "Linux Expert" who should be calling me anytime now. Hoping he can shed some light. I did get FF3 working through the same steps on Windows 7 So i know it is a linux issue.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
Got it. In case anyone ever needs this thread, heres the fix:

By default the Citrix Reciever software does not install most third party certificates like it does on Windows. To fix this, download your required certificates to your desktop, and move them as root. Assuming you did not change the directory during the Citrix installation, the command is as follows:

sudo cp nameofcert.crt /usr/lib/IAClient/cacerts

Viola!

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »
Give me my edit please.

sudo cp ~/Desktop/nameofcert.crt /usr/lib/IAClient/cacerts