Author Topic: New house  (Read 6393 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 06:10:18 PM »
Well, the house is officially mine now. The closing went almost flawless. There was a short 15 minutes of stress where everything almost fell apart (the title company had some issues writing the check to the seller during the closing) but things worked out and I got my keys and they got their money. Overall, it was relatively painless and my entourage had to get involved to get the check written, so I feel good about paying them money to help me (they had to work for it a little bit). I was pretty calm about it since I knew they would work things out, but I would've been very upset had they sat there and done nothing.
So I've got a floor guy coming tomorrow and scheduled to refinish the floors next week so they look pretty before I move in. And after painting a few of the rooms, a little electrical work in the garage, I'll be all set to move in. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and post them on my website for eveyone to envy. ;)
This signature intentionally left blank.

VBprogrammer

• Back on GMT thank god
  • Jackass IV
New house
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 08:31:37 AM »
One minor problem, its made of wood!!

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 12:02:49 AM »
I've got pictures now. You can check them out on my site. I just finished pulling all the 1/4 round off the baseboards and pulling up the carpet in the master bedroom. What a pain, but the bedroom looks much better without the ugly red carpet. Now I have to figure out what color the rooms are going to be and which room the studio is going to be.

http://aaronhanson.no-ip.com/images/house/

I'll post the after pictures in a few weeks after I've moved in.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 12:54:05 AM »
looks good tgm...what are you planing to put in them game room?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

salvelinus

• Founders
New house
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2005, 08:02:37 AM »
Nice floor in the living room, but what's with the jail cell screen door? And you know someone's hiding in the bedroom?
Congratulations.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
New house
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 08:34:31 AM »
Quote from: tgm
It's been a long process finding a house I liked but I'm anxious to move in (mostly to start building my recording studio).

/me is officially jealous. Post some tunes 'k?

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
New house
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 11:01:22 AM »
Great pics, cant wait to see when its done.

A few years ago we replaced all the carpetting with hardwood and parquet flooring.  I agree its a big pain, quite a bit of work too, but the results are worth it.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 04:01:31 PM »
Rob, I've got some old tunes I wrote back in college available on my website:
http://aaronhanson.no-ip.com/music.jsp

And a pool table is slated to go into the game room downstairs. Between pool and recording I should be able to occupy myself sufficiently until I get a girlfriend. It's quite boring living alone otherwise. So if anyone knows any cute gals in Minnesota...

Master Bee

• Jackass I
New house
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 04:34:24 AM »
It's an okay starter home. Nice big yard but a small house, although for one person it's big enough. Your basement has those old 1970 windows. You can have the foundation cut by a special saw that cuts concrete and you can install large windows with screens (5' x 2'). It makes a big difference with bungalows.

That property is probably going to appreciate in value for a long time, actually ever since 1995 in my country (Canada) houses have appreciated every single year, almost doubling in some cities.

It beats renting.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 10:52:24 AM »
Why would anyone need a bigger house if they are living alone or wih just one other person?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Master Bee

• Jackass I
New house
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 12:16:55 PM »
Probably for the investment. You have to start out with a simple house, but than once you get it paid off you move into higher class neighbourhoods and bigger houses. Urbanization is actually quite a fastenating subject. I live in one of the fastest growing cities in North America, and the real estate is a big business here. For example, cities change, they start out concentric with with one core and can end up becomming a multi core metropolis, but depending in which sector or city your home is located, the appreciation varies. Homes are an investment, the single most largest investment for families.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 12:27:00 PM by Master Bee »

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 05:27:04 PM »
damn dude, who the fuck are you? some people are perfectly satisfied and happy with a house like tgm's. Reality check buddy - it is not all about the money, investments, and payouts...

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
New house
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2005, 11:28:59 AM »
Quote from: axon
damn dude, who the fuck are you? some people are perfectly satisfied and happy with a house like tgm's. Reality check buddy - it is not all about the money, investments, and payouts...

Calm down ax...

I don't think that he was purposefully being disrespectful.  TGM's house is nice, and certainly in a pretty area.   Just the same, owning a home is a major investment that brings good returns in many cases (especially in today's market), and he was just stating that from what I read.

So not only did TGM get a nice home, but he also gets an investment that will help him in the future.

One can only hope to be so fortunate really.  Owning a home is a great thing.  Especially when you get to work on it and put a piece of yourself in it.  You should see my backyard.  I put so much time and sweat into it... and it is just getting to the point where I am rewarded by having a nice place to sit and chill with the family.

I just got back from a trip to California... so I am now in the "yeay it is great to be home" mentality.  Sorry for being so mushy/sentimental, but it is sure nice being home.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
New house
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2005, 11:37:46 AM »
Beta, not to backup axon's reaction, but we have good reason to believe that Master Bee is in fact our friend from old, Dean.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
New house
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 11:53:28 AM »
Quote from: Master Bee

It beats renting.
Or living in your parent's basement.

Hi Dean, how's life?