Author Topic: Safes  (Read 4969 times)

Master Bee

• Jackass I
Safes
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:44:25 AM »
Does anyone here have a safe in their house? I was in a shop last week and they sold safes, some of which were very nice, one even had a fancy circular handle like on the Price Is Right game show. Not too long ago I discovered that I had close to two thousand dollars laying around the house in spare cash, but there was only ten cases of break and enter in my neighbourhood last year. I think that if I purchased a safe that it would be more for show, than for actual security needs. If I lived in the North East section of the city, it would be a totally different story.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
Safes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 07:08:13 AM »
I think just hide it well. Or buy the safe as a distraction. The safe's the first thing they'll go for.
i have a stationary fetish

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Safes
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:49:58 AM »
If someone broke into my place, they could easily take my safe or open it with the key that is hanging out of the lock in it.  I don't have a safe for security purposes.  I have a safe to guard against fires.  I keep all my important documents (passport, information about my cars, the last month's worth of utility bills, major receipts, insurance paperwork, etc) in there.

Master Bee

• Jackass I
Safes
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 08:01:42 AM »
Maybe a safe isn't a bad idea after all. I never thought about it protecting stuff from a fire. The safe I saw at the store must have weighed five or six hundred pounds, so it would be difficult to take out of the house, especially if it was also bolted down into concrete.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Safes
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 08:28:03 AM »
I watched a show recently that had professional theives that came and broke into a guy's house (who had security in place).  They cleaned him out in about 12 minutes stealing thousands worth of stuff.  And they took his heavy safe out on a dolly.

They said the best thing to do with a big safe is secure it to the ground... they still might get it, but amatuer's will give up easily.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
Safes
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 08:33:23 AM »
setting it in concrete is problably your best option
i have a stationary fetish

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
Safes
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 10:25:09 AM »
how'bout filling it w/cement and hiding the valuables under the floorboards? :devil:
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

[stealth]

• the original
  • Jackass V
Safes
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 10:34:44 AM »
>>how'bout filling it w/cement and hiding the valuables under the floorboards?<<

paranoid much?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Safes
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 10:40:10 AM »
Don't forget the booby traps :)

drakkenkorin

Safes
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 11:01:42 AM »
what would i do with boobies?
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
Safes
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 04:27:53 PM »

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Safes
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 04:40:53 PM »
rofl  BOOBIES!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Safes
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »
In the special features of "after the sunset" the director had an interview with one of the greatest jewel thiefs ever - the dude said that 90% of the time he would simply steal the whole safe, instead of braking into it at the place.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
Safes
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 05:41:13 PM »
I don't think boobies should be kept in a safe - it's unfair to confine them that way. I say all boobies should be set free!
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

drakkenkorin

Safes
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 07:57:36 PM »
whats even worse, is that the booby's probably get get enough fresh air or exercise in a safe.