Author Topic: Apache error.log size  (Read 2439 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Apache error.log size
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »
I was defragging my hard drive today and when it finished the report said that one file couldn't be defragmented: the error.log file in my apache installation. Turns out it was >7gb, which was quite a surprise. I can only guess that some script I was testing managed to generate all the errors since no one else should be able to connect.

So is there any way to set a size limit on Apache's error log file? I'm running apache as a service on windows, by the way.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Apache error.log size
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:25:57 PM »
I thought you could limit it, but i cant seem to find anything online but people asking the same question. I found some scripts for linux to cycle the log file, but that wont help here....hmm.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Apache error.log size
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »
I have been looking for days, i cant find anything but people wanting to know the same thing your asking.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?