Author Topic: iPhone 4 Otterbox  (Read 2511 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
iPhone 4 Otterbox
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »
So I was real excited about getting an otterbox.  I couldn't fit my 3G into an Otterbox because of the invisiShield (the fit is that tight.  It fits well and provides what appears to be great cushioning.  Unfortunately, the screen protector does dim the incedible screen some - makes it seem ordinary.  It also picks up a lot of smudges.  Worse though is the back...the opening for the camera and flash has a rim around it.  Unfortunately, that rim reflects back some of the light from the flash - giving a glare in the bottom right for any flash pictures...not cool....

Protection is great though, and given I do'nt use the flash that much - I give it a 3.5/5
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: iPhone 4 Otterbox
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:49:06 AM »
I've never understood the cases.  Seems like it would make it bulky.  I don't have any screen protectors or a case on my 3G.  No scratches on the screen, no scratches on the case... I've even dropped it a couple times.  Granted, I'm very careful with it... but I just can't imagine the bulk.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »
I purchased a Zagg screen protector for the front of my Touch and not the rear.  It started to get scuffed and scratched immediately plus it was way to slippery.  I put it away until I purchased the rear Zagg protector as well.  I couldn't imagine owning a touch without a Zagg.

BTW they work great on Garmin nav systems and instrumentation also.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
It's not too bulky - actually I wish this one had a bit more rubbery bulk...It's small compared to the case on the 3G.  I like the extra protection.  I'm hard on stuff, so it's great piece of mind.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own