1 (11.1%)
3-7 days
0 (0%)
1-3 weeks
1 (11.1%)
longer than 3 weeks
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Master of my domain  (Read 1014 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Master of my domain
« on: June 11, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »
So I've been spending way too much time on the internet and I have been getting very little work done lately. Deadlines are looming and it is time for some drastic measures. I'm going to abstain from the internet for as long as I can. The question is how long do you think I can last?

I will be allowed to use the internet for personal business (banking, bill paying, etc). I will be allowed access to my family and friends email. I will even be allowed to access netflix to change the order in my queue, but if I stray even for a single click into something that isn't required to accomplish the business I am attending to, then I have failed.

This isn't a permanent change, hopefully I can get some stuff done and start procrastinating online again in a few weeks. We'll see. If you have any questions about rules, tough. I'm not going online to read any responses. Wish me luck!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Master of my domain
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »
You have already failed :P

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
been there, tried that, and yet here I am...
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:52:35 AM »
Voted less than an hour, because that's what I'm hoping for

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
I still don't have the internet at home yet (all this shit we need to work out with the phone company) so i routinely go days without the internet. I actually just came here to my mums place to download some music quickly then im outta here
i have a stationary fetish

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »
That sucked. I guess it was 2 days. I'm still going to try to continue it further, at least when I'm trying to work, but damn. The first hour I was munching on carrot sticks like crazy. Ever since every time I finished one diversion and reached for the Firefox shortcut (that I deleted) I had to let out a little yell and find something else to do. I still didn't get my important work done, but I was able to tidy up a lot of little to-dos, so that was nice.

It's not so much that I can't go without the internet, its that when I'm at work especially, or sometimes at home, I constantly need a mindless diversion. And what better mindless diversion is there than sites like entropysink.

Oh well, it was worth a shot. I have very little will power these days.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »
So what are your top 5 mindless diversion sites?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »
Cprog, ES, ESPN, KingsFans. Nothing profound. Then comes some other C++ sites, my fantasy baseball team, and a couple games sites. I only have ten bookmarks that I use frequently.

[edit].... well the two C++ sites I go to are both down (including cprog), so I guess once I check my fantasy team there's nothing left for me here on the net. Oh well. Back to work I guess.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 09:36:29 PM by charlie »