Author Topic: Doing anything fun for the superbowl?  (Read 5483 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Doing anything fun for the superbowl?
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:52:44 PM »
I'm chillin out here at the house... probably cuddling up with Sophie while I watch the game.  No big plans.. just relaxing.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Doing anything fun for the superbowl?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:31:03 AM »
Friend of mine is having a party.  I don't know how much partying I'll be doing though, since I have to be about 2 hours from here at 7am tomorrow.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 09:31:54 AM »
as bad as it sounds I have to work (grumble) - but I will have the 42" plasma screens tuned into the game and a pizza will be ordered for the whole team :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
Im not a huge football fan, but Ill stay at home and watch some of it.  Going to play some pick-up basketball so I wont be able to watch the end of the game :(

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »
We traditionally host the Super Bowl party, although as it turns out that has only happened once in the last four or five years. We were almost able to this year but people didn't want to drive all the way to our place on Sunday.

So the Super Bowl party is at another friends and doesn't start until 2:30. This is lame because I wanted to hang out, throw a football around, drink a little, and all that good stuff. Once the game has started I prefer to watch it.

Of course, my wife got sick last night, so chances are we'll have to stay home and I'll watch the Super Bowl by myself on the couch while throwing a football straight up in the air and catching it. Woot!

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 01:33:09 PM »
I'm having a couple people over to watch the game. Play some PS2 and drink some beers. Pretty low key but I did get some good snack food from the store.
This signature intentionally left blank.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »
Going up to friend's house. 3 or 4 of us will watch together.  It'll be chill.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 09:08:21 AM »
I had laundry to do and live in an apartment where it costs $3 a load so I went to my fathers house and did laundry then watched the game on his HDTV.

I passed up two other offers to hang out with friends -but they all have crappy TVs
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 11:23:45 AM »
So that's why nobody wants to come to my Super Bowl parties anymore.

I guess it's time for HD.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 12:53:37 PM »
Apparently the sub-zero weather coupled with shitty electric distribution doesn't work well when thousands of people in a small town in Ohio want to watch the Super Bowl.

The power blinked off probably 10 times (no exaggeration).  Thank God for Tivo however... even though I started watching a half hour late (dealing with my 6 week old daughter)... I only missed the few minutes that it took for the Tivo to reboot each time.

Fucking sucked though... everytime I'd get my daughter almost to sleep the fucking power would cut out and wake her up.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 01:40:26 PM »
I went next door since he has a thirtysomething" widescreen HDTV.  The way the room is arranged is really strange though and fitting six people on a two-seat couch was VERY interesting.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »
That sucks about the power, ober, but I've got to agree with you on TiVo. With the wife sick, I was taking care of a kid, too.

The only problem with the Super Bowl is that I like to watch pretty much all of it. There's not a lot of places I can catch up so I ended up over an hour behind.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
Yeah... I was getting way behind too, but I ended up fast forwarding through the stupid CBS-show commercials and even between some plays during the huddle.  I mean hell, you can go to one level on the fast forwarding and you're not going to miss anything because they repeat almost every play 3 times from different angles!  I think I ended up watching the end of the game about 15 minutes after it really happened and I was over an hour behind at one point.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »
Yup. Sounds about right. Luckily I was by myself so I didn't have to watch the halftime, but the wife got out of bed at the end of the third quarter and asked to see some commercials, so I went back to the beginning and showed her most of them.

Since it was the Super Bowl I didn't do my usual FF1->FF2->Pause->Unpause trick to skip huddles (which doesn't work with the Colts offense anyway). That's one thing I liked with my old ReplayTV. It had a 30 second skip that was great for commercials and huddles - one button and boom! they're at the line of scrimmage again.