Author Topic: steam?  (Read 8988 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: steam?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 11:12:46 PM »
fuck them
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »
 :rolleyes:

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 06:36:28 AM »

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »
Love steam. It makes everything easy. Great multiple Computer support and cloud.  Never has any real problems that weren't resolved...and love the sales...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »
How is it not the same deal?  Origin keeps track of your games, keeps them updated, and they have some pretty awesome deals.  They also have all of the social network bullshit that steam does.  In my opinion, it's the same fucking thing with a different name.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
thanks guys. I think I will laod it on my work laptop too then :)
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
How is it not the same deal?  Origin keeps track of your games, keeps them updated, and they have some pretty awesome deals.  They also have all of the social network bullshit that steam does.  In my opinion, it's the same fucking thing with a different name.

The Origin sales are limited and crappy at best.  The Origin game selection is comparatively poor also.  Origin does not keep your games indefinitely use them every so often or lose them.  The two services are not  "the same fucking thing with a different name".  I wish they were but they aren't.

Direct2Drive (now owned by GameFly) is the only service close to Steam in both selection and sales.  Not sure how they are going to compare now that they are under the GF umbrella. 

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »
The best game distribution system out there is GoG.  I'm sorry you're all so very wrong.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
I don't actually believe that but I'll use any opportunity to pimp GoG

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »
What does the Gynecologic Oncology Group have to do with it?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
That should be pretty obvious

(www.gog.com)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 10:55:21 AM »
The best game distribution system out there is GoG.  I'm sorry you're all so very wrong.

I use them also.  Nice niche there.  I like em. 

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
I really am glad they're around.  So many great games that were made in the 90s that you just can't find anywhere else.  The fact that they fix them for modern OSes is icing on the cake.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
I wish they had a larger selection.  Read that as where the heck is Grim Fandango?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
The Origin sales are limited and crappy at best.  The Origin game selection is comparatively poor also.  Origin does not keep your games indefinitely use them every so often or lose them.  The two services are not  "the same fucking thing with a different name".  I wish they were but they aren't.
No argument on the sales being limited.  No argument on the game selection... it's not meant to be a platform for all games under the sun.  It's an EA specific tool.  They make no attempt to hide that fact.  I don't agree on the 'indefinitely' comment.  Origin picked up games on my system that I haven't played on my current machine even. 

At face value, they definitely aren't the same thing.  If you understand that Origin is not meant to be a replacement for Steam but a delivery tool for EA, then it's basically the same thing and serves the same purpose ... FOR THOSE GAMES.