Author Topic: Software?  (Read 13921 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Software?
« on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:00 PM »
Looking for a software that can allow me to take "kyrics" out of music, mix tracks, change sounds, etc. voice changer option would be nice. I know alot of you guys really get into this kind of stuff and would know what software to suggest. Willing to pay for it, its for a group of us so price doesnt really matter within reason.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Software?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 01:16:10 AM »
>>Looking for a software that can allow me to take "kyrics" out of music

Assuming you mean lyrics, then no good solution exists yet AFAIK. You can get reasonable results on some tracks by using something like Audacity and reversing the phase on one of the stereo channels, BUT this assumes that the vocals are mixed to the centre. Also, you tend to lose the bass as this tends to be mixed dead centre.

If you think about it, removing part of a mixed track is like trying to take the sugar out of a cup of coffee.

For your other stuff, try Audacity to start with. It supports VST's so you can download masses of free effect plugins (vocoders, flangers, reverbs, phasers, echo etc etc).

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Software?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 02:56:04 AM »
I'll check it out. So for getting the instrumental im pretty much stuck with limewire and such lol. How do the people on there get those tracks?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Software?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 03:03:24 AM »
Quite often commercial tracks are released to remixers as just vocal or just instruments.

Interestingly, if you have a vocal only track and a full track, with an identical vocal then you can mix the two together with one track out of phase, and voila, the vocal disappears. This is pretty much the only way currently to effectively remove a vocal.