Author Topic: Am I off my rocker?  (Read 8370 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2005, 03:42:23 PM »
Quote from: kermi3
Vocal cords would be enough...and give the man a diet...

No, then he could still write.
Quote from: salvelinus
Moore less than truthful? If people spent 10% of the vitriol against Bush for untruthfullness as they do against Moore, the news would be nothing else. Moore is an opionated writer/filmmaker. Bush is President of the US. Get your head out of your ass and see who really has power.
Sheesh.

Hey the American people have already shown they don't mind a lair as president, just look at the response to Clinton

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2005, 05:36:25 PM »
I don't hate moore that much that I'd like bush... I just wish he'd stick to the facts and lose a lot of the rhetoric. As the most prominent liberal (no matter what he says) filmmaker against a person liberals all hate for many good reasons, he's in a position to lose or gain a lot of credibility for the liberal point of view. Every time he beats down his points with rhetoric instead of facts it makes his points look emptier and shallower than they actually are.

salvelinus

• Founders
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2005, 08:53:05 PM »
Quote from: Mike

Hey the American people have already shown they don't mind a lair as president, just look at the response to Clinton

Yes, someone who lied about his own sex life. That really compares with the lies about things that affect all the rest of us..
If you lie about a blowjob, you should be impeached. If you lie about rescuing thousands of your own citizens, that's ok, because after all, the guy who lied about a blowjob didn't get impeached.
OK.
Not trying to make this a Dem/Rep, lib/con thing. But the fact of the matter is that R's are in power in all 3 branches of govt. I'd call any administration/congress on this.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2005, 08:56:05 PM »
Hey I'm just saying we've shown the politicians that we have no problem with dishonesty in the white house.

salvelinus

• Founders
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2005, 09:15:14 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Hey I'm just saying we've shown the politicians that we have no problem with dishonesty in the white house.

Uh, when did you realize that? I think it goes back oh, maybe, 200 or so years. The difference is what they lie about.
You want an honest politician? Look at one who didn't get elected.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2005, 09:22:10 PM »
Nah whats changed is the publics reaction to and the ability to get the information out.  Of course the public is easily distracted by anything new and shiny.

But sadly there is no law against being piss poor or lying to the public (federal investigation yes, public no)

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Am I off my rocker?
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2005, 02:10:24 AM »
Quote from: salvelinus
.....honest politician?

Oxymoron