Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 18092 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
I'm in for the Steelers obviously. 

F the halftime show.  I'll be doing what I do with every football game.  Starting it about an hour and a half late so I can skip all the bullshit.  <3 my Tivo.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
I don't get watching live sports on a DVR.  It'd drive me nuts knowing it was going on but watching a recording.  A friend at work records games all the time and watches them the next day.  He doesn't seem to appreciate that I will always tell him the results.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »
DVR is the only way to watch sports or anything else for that matter. Some years we watch the Super Bowl with friends or family and it drives me crazy because I can't control the DVR and we just have to watch it live.

I don't necessarily wait an hour for things to start, but I definitely do the DVR thing. This year I'll probably do the same thing I did the last time the Steelers won, fast forward through the thing an watch it in an hour or so because I don't have time to watch the whole thing through.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »
I don't get watching live sports on a DVR.  It'd drive me nuts knowing it was going on but watching a recording.  A friend at work records games all the time and watches them the next day.  He doesn't seem to appreciate that I will always tell him the results.

Yea i agree. If i miss a game i just check the results, i can't stand to watch a game for an hour or more knowing everyone else has seen it and how it will come out. Also with the super bowl some of the commercials are hilarious.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
Commercials are a chance to get a beer or drink a beer!

I like to follow the games with a gameday thread on SA, so you kind of have to have it on live for that

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
Thats true haha
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
Superbowl commercials are part of the superbowl experience.  All other events I'm ok with buffering to skip commercials.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:25 AM »
I don't record and watch the next day.  That would be stupid.  I just start late.  Especially during the regular season.  I don't need to see most plays 3 times, analyzed from 5 different angles with the same announcer saying the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  Plus I can skip commercials.  I can usually start a game about an hour and a half late and be nearly at live TV by the end of the game.  It's a win-win.

For the super bowl, I do watch the commercials.  I mainly start the Super Bowl late so I can skip the halftime show.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
Lately I've been skipping commercials during the game to speed up the watching process, then going back and watching the commercials later in the week. :o

Oh, and I can't stand finding out the results ahead of time. My in-laws are the opposite, they want to know the results as soon as possible even if they recorded the game, and thirteen years later they are almost done learning not to tell me what happened.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »
It's also weird that Weezy is from New Orleans but he's writing for the Packers.  Not a whole lot of rappers reppin Green Bay

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
Nothing will ever top that

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »
LET'S GO STEELERS! HELL YEA!![

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »

I'm ready!

Chicken wings in a couple hours

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
I got a fridge full of beer, nachos going in the oven at 6, and a big order of boneless honey BBQ and fried mushrooms to be picked up @5:30-5:45ish from buffalo wild wings.