Author Topic: Home Run Derby  (Read 2503 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Home Run Derby
« on: July 14, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »
I don't normally give a shit about this, but I just turned it on a couple guys before Josh Hamilton came up, so I kept watching because his story's likely to go down as one of the most inspiring individual stories in American sports for years and years.  I figured he'd do well, but holy shit, 28 HR in the first round?  It's amazing to watch his swing, too.  It's picture perfect

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: Home Run Derby
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »
Who?

Sorry, I've been disillusioned with baseball this season...You can probably guess why

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:42 PM »
Josh Hamilton was a former 1st overall draft pick a few years ago who ended up getting really badly into drugs and washed out of baseball for 3 seasons.  He eventually found Jesus and worked his way back to the bigs, where he's tearing it up now.  He's batting .310 with 21HR and 95 RBI at the ASB right now.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »
He's Jesus doping!

sorry couldn't resist

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »
And then he loses :(

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »
And then he loses :(

I recorded the derby just for the hell of it... then forgot to watch it Monday night. So I saw this thread but didn't read it and decided to watch it last night. It was cool to see the 28 HR barrage, but of course all those home runs made the derby go over time. My recording ended at the very start of round 2. :(

I recorded the all-star game, too, but didn't get a chance to watch any of it. I get the feeling it was extra-innings or a really long game... luckily I recorded several extra hours for that one.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »
Yeah, the ASG ended up being 15 innings.

You didn't miss anything in the last couple rounds of the derby, though.  Everyone hit a handful of HRs, Morneau hit more than anyone.  Hamilton looked gassed by the end.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »
You gotta be fuckin' kidding me.  Apparently several extra hours wasn't enough. I fast forwarded through the three scheduled hours of the all-star game last night, then fast forwarded through the extra two hours I recorded tonight. What did I see? Some great defense, some bad calls by the umps, but the end of the game? Of course not!!

Son of a mother.

It's a good thing this wasn't that important.

I really just wanted to see Lincecum pitch, but now I have to go check the box score to see if he did, and to see who won. :rolleyes: