Author Topic: Supermarket Rotisserie Chicken  (Read 2844 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Supermarket Rotisserie Chicken
« on: December 15, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
you guys ever buy these?  our favorite is the "super bird" at a local chain.

we got one on Tuesday night. it was $9.99 and came with a big tub of mashed potatoes. I carved it up and for dinner my wife and I shared a single breast; which on the "super bird" is huge!  We normally don't have left overs when we make dinner(or - who am i kidding - buy dinner) but man, this thing is the supper that keeps on giving.  My wife brought half of the other breast to work yesterday for lunch and I've been making sandwiches for the last two days out of what was left (i brought 2 to work today because they're so good).
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Supermarket Rotisserie Chicken
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
Those are pretty great for cheap last second meals if you can get over the fact that it's been sitting under a heat lamp for a long time.  We get them every once in awhile

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:25:42 PM »
they're typically loaded with sodium, msg, and various scary additives and flavorings too...

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
That's why they're delicious

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
We get those from time to time too when we don't have time to cook dinner before bed time. (That's right, one sentence, four "time"s)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
We get the lemon pepper one from walmart probably once a month. Our town is small and the walmart is quiet so if you call ahead they will make a fresh one
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?