Author Topic: Our coffee sucks  (Read 11892 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Our coffee sucks
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
Yeah. Somewhere in the south part (I think) of this http://i.imgur.com/Pwnf4.jpg

edit: huh. and now I know the origin of our hockey team name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
Yeah. Somewhere in the south part (I think) of this http://i.imgur.com/Pwnf4.jpg

:lol: awesome graphic.  I have a lot of family in NJ, mostly from the "Working Class people and beach houses" area.  My grandparents later retired (and have since passed away) in the "piney-pines everywhere" area on the border of "lot of army bases."  One of my uncles and a couple of his daughters recently moved to the tri-zone area of "crumbling industry, happy white families and worse than detroit."  --speaking of worse than detroit, I once accidentally went to a walmart in Camden. In the years before GPS, I got lost traveling from Philly to NJ and stopped at a walmart to buy a map.  That is one scary screwed up area.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
I'm from Christie Country.  The map is fairly accurate.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »
steve, where are you that you can get WaWa?  when I worked for them in college (about 12 years ago) they were only in 5 states... deleware, maryland, virginia, pa, and NJ. I don't recall you living in any of those places in your storied past.

Born and raised South NJ. Moved in 07. I order it online.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »
This is just a test to see of Obes reads this thread...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
This is just a test to see of Obes reads this thread...
What?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 09:35:14 PM »
I think he is loosing his mind. When he first came here I could always follow him, and then over the years he became cloudy. Now it's just confusion with the occasional blip of sense :lol:
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
So just an update for anyone that cares.  We're happy with our coffee maker after all.  Switching coffee brands seems to have solved the bitterness problem.  We still vary the strength greatly depending on what we're making it for which accounts for other people's feelings for our coffee.  Since we still have some SB coffee left, I might still try the salt trick with that because that specific brand does seem bitter still.  We've used some Dunkin coffee and that seems pretty good.  My wife also got some gourmet hazelnut coffee that is really good.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
Dunkin has good stuff

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »
I've sold out. Just bought a Keurig B60 for the gf's sort of xmas present. She loves it though; very excited to buy all sorts of kcups.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Bassy

• Red Panda
  • Jackass IV
    • My website
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2012, 07:15:59 AM »
I love coffee - been drinking the stuff since I am about 6 years old (i hated tea) - drink it black and no sugar. I buy a ton of beans and it ranges from really strong to some milder ones - only problem is because of my excessive consumption I kill coffee machines - I have gone through about 4 machines in 3 years so finally decided to pay a little extra and get a bean to cup machine with lots of programmability (eg grind thickness, strength) - so i bought this one http://www.garraways.co.uk/p414686/jura-impressa-c5-black.html (its also self cleaning). For normal everyday drinking I use a 100% arabica bean as it is of medium strength - and not too oily to grind (some of the darker espresso blends can block the grinder as they are so oily) - the current blend I am using is http://www.garraways.co.uk/p511091/1-kilo-100-arabica-coffee.html (i know not much use to you guys across the pond). Illy Coffee is also quite nice - I did see some reviews of coffee machines from the "Seattle Coffee Gear" company which looks like quite a decent us supplier of machines (i would love to visit their shop it looked very nice
People in bamboo houses shouldn't throw pandas