Author Topic: Tomorrowland  (Read 2812 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Tomorrowland
« on: May 22, 2015, 06:05:02 PM »
Saw Tomorrowland this afternoon.  My first trip to a theater in years.

The visuals were really great and the story line was engaging most of the way through.  The plot kinda fell apart at the end though, I thought.  After an hour and 45 minutes of building up the back story and leading the main characters to the pinnacle moment it just sort of hurried up the story and resolution.  The "villain" is revealed and defeated in fifteen minutes and the world still needs to be saved (for reasons that really aren't very clear) but the salvation is sort of glossed over (like literally, it cuts to "one year from now") and the denouement, which is meant to inspire hope for the future kinda felt flat and a little corny, at least for me.  I think I was hoping for something more like a live-action "Meet the Robinsons" but got sort of a better version of "Jumper" (which, similarly, had a sci-fi concept with great potential but a boring execution.)

Anyway, I still enjoyed myself and would watch it again if it was on TV.  If it looks like something you want to see, I'd still recommend it.

6.5/10

Edit, oh and there's a third main character not mentioned in any of the trailers. Played by this 12 year old English girl.  Impressive performance.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:31:21 PM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Tomorrowland
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »
Going tomorrow.  6.5/10?  Aww darn.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:32 PM »
I should point out that I'm not very good at scoring or reviewing movies.  your experience may vary.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:56 AM »
Hell I dug it.  Had some heart.  I agree that the young girl stole the show.  Great part and the perfect actress for the part.  Wife gives it a 9 I give it an 8.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 11:03:49 PM »
Saw it over the weekend. We watched it with our kids. It was interesting watching them experience their first movie of this kind and I was very surprised and challenged by the questions they asked. I know they both did not understand the over all theme of the end of the world - it is a hard concept to grasp with a 6 and 4 year old's perspective on the "world".

I really enjoyed the movie. Loved it in fact. Not at all what I expected. I wonder why they titled it "Tomorrowland."

Like Micah, I also wish the ending had a little more punch to it. I will be watching this movie again and will share my thoughts again at that point.

Clooney was good. So were the two girls.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.