Author Topic: New oven not working right I think  (Read 2177 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
New oven not working right I think
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:43:37 PM »
So I just got a new wall oven and it seems to me that the cooling fan is on all of the time which doesn't seem right to me. It's a Frigidaire Gallery and they told me to let it warm up since it's pretty cold here today for the install. So I waited all day and did the first bake to burn off some of the oil they said was on the heating element but I noticed a very powerful fan come on through the vents as soon as I turned on the oven and it stayed on the entire time even after I turned it off. My old GE used to do something like that when the oven had been on for a while to prevent the electronics from overheating but this seems like something isn't right. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow but I'm not crazy for thinking that's not how modern ovens are supposed to work right? I hate dealing with service on a brand new thing.
This signature intentionally left blank.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: New oven not working right I think
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
My wall oven is from 1963; a fan sounds like a nice feature.  Sorry I don't have any additional insight.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:58:43 AM »
Do you mean the internal baking convection fan?  Typically they are intermittent not constant.  External fan?  We have had two stoves that do not have this "feature".

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »
No, not the convection fan. The fan that is designed to cool down the electronics so that don't overheat. It blows air out through a vent right below the control panel. I did a Frigidaire chat and they said it's normal and supposed to run all the time but that doesn't seem right to me. My in-laws have an LG and it cycles which is what I would expect. Or at least some kind of speed throttle for when it's not needed. If it's the way they work now days that just seems like lazy engineering.
This signature intentionally left blank.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 05:57:16 AM »
Well.  Considering the increasingly poor quality of household appliances in the last decade I am not surprised.