Author Topic: Ready Player One  (Read 7513 times)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Ready Player One
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »
Anyone else read it?

http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One-A-Novel/dp/0307887448/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350156635&sr=8-1&keywords=ready+player+one

I'm getting ready to start it on audiobook...It's supposed to be part snow crash, and part homage to the 80s...Audiobook is read by Wil Wheaton - who is also a character....should be fun
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Ready Player One
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:22:14 AM »
So...No one else read it....but it's going to be directed by Steven Spielberg!  I'm not quite sure how I feel about that...I hope it's really good, but it's not a super action book in my head, so I hope it doesn't go over the top.

Also - Seriously?  No one else here read an Ode to 80's Nerdom?
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:11:19 PM »
It's in my queue to read. Purchased it a little while ago. Former co-worker was a huge fan of the book. I'm just not a big reader so it takes me a while to get around to books.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 01:40:13 AM »
Yeah... I read it.  I just don't read here as much anymore.  It is an awesome book.  I loved it.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 11:34:13 PM »
just noticed this tread from almost 7 years ago.  They made a movie.  It was well promoted. I torrented a really bad cam version while it was still in theaters. The quality was kinda unwatchable (and I might have been in my heavy drink phase at the time) but I turned it off after 20 minutes because it just seemed like a bad movie*.   Did anyone see it?  Especially any of you who read/listened-to the book?

*also, a few months ago I walked out of the new Aladan reboot after an hour... but I had a several drinks before i got there and brought in another from the theater bar.  That might have had something to do with it.  I mention this because apparently I think all movies suck when I'm drinking. LOL
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:05:18 AM »
Ready was a meh movie.  Too much taken out.  Great fun to see all the cool references stuffed in throughout it.

Aladin was not the disaster I expected.  Would not recommend though.