Author Topic: allofmp3.com  (Read 6576 times)

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Re: allofmp3.com
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2006, 03:07:28 PM »
I remember this thread. Good times.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2006, 03:44:35 PM »
Metallica?
This signature intentionally left blank.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 07:20:31 PM »
Look folks.

Say I sell you a dozen eggs for $15.  You take them home start making an omlette and find out that the rest are rotten.  What do you do?  Well duh!  You get your $$ back or get a good dozen.  No brainer.  Just plain fair business.

Now.  You see where I am heading with this?

You buy an album with say 20 cuts.  One or two is good the rest suck.  WTF?  Talk about an outdated model and a rip off!!!  Fuck those assholes from he artist(s) to the record company!  They have no problem rippng us I have no problem with us ripping them back.  Either way they get concert advertising.

Now I am NOT talking about the few artists who actually put out abums where all or most of the cuts are good or great.  That is hard work and deserves a TON of respect!  I always pay retail for these albums even if I initially got them free or on the cheap.  Fair is fair.

Worse they try to limit what we can do with what we buy with our money and should be our property.  Again screw them.  I paid for it.  I own it.

Whaddya all think?

Knuck
With eggs there is an agreed definition of what a good egg is and what a rotten egg is. With songs, people have different tastes. The company has still done their job by professionally  mixing and creating the CD. Some people may love all of the songs and others may hate them all.
i have a stationary fetish

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
I think it is safe to say that many and probably most recording companies "bait" the gen pub with one big hit.  The rest of the cuts are almost always crap.  They know it. The do it.  The gen pub retaliates by theiving the good stuff and not the crap.  I am hopeful that the two can come to a solid, ethical and legal compromise.  However BOTH sides need to have a reason to do this.  For decades the gen pub did not have alot of clout.  Now they have a bit.  Lets hope it helps move the recording industry in a positive fashion. 

Knuck

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 09:29:42 PM »
Yeah I definately agree, thats certainly happening with new bands
i have a stationary fetish