Author Topic: Anybody know about paint?  (Read 1501 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Anybody know about paint?
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »
I used to work in a paint shop for a few years, prepping and spraying cars that kind of thing. So i know my fair share about paint, body work, etc but I'm looking for input from someone else. I have an outdoor application for this:

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=126

Now, it says that it is indoor only, and glows for about two hours. I don't see anything that says I cannot apply clear coat to this paint, so with the right prep work I am assuming i can clear coat it and it would be fine for outdoor applications. My other hope is that it will glow more than two hours when exposed to the sunlight all day.

Any thoughts? I also can't find what color it will be during the daytime. That swatch doesn't seem like it would be right.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Anybody know about paint?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »
I spoke to a rep at the company and apparently, and this is from them, the GITD paint blows chunks. And further research shows others who have tried to do it for my application say it never works out right. So I went with something else.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?