Author Topic: Finally put it together  (Read 2860 times)

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
Finally put it together
« on: November 27, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »
If you have seen the homepage to kranjcevic.com, you would have noticed there was a link to a photography section, well I finally got around to the site this weekend.

Its VERY simple, used my php slideshow code, got my brother to pick some images and voila!

Some shots are great, some are okay, some are meh.. some are from our vacation last year so I put those in, others are shots from when he went out to actually take some artistic shots.

I redesigned the main page a few times, was originally going to have a film negative, but I just couldnt get it to look how I wanted it, so I went with what I currently have...

Comments on the design, any photos you like, dont like.

Thanks!!

http://photography.kranjcevic.com

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Finally put it together
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 09:35:38 PM »
Love the look, hate the background color.  I'd also lose the underline for the menu links... the background change is sufficient.  It would also be helpful if you could control the speed of the slideshow.

Just a few pointers, but overall, well done :)

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:51:58 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!!

I was fooling around with a few colours, I think Ill try to find something in that tone, maybe a different shade of brown.  I just wanted to get it done, so I left it as is :P

I took off the underlines in the navigation...Adjusting the speed of the slide show is a good idea, I think Ill just have two links to increase/decrease the speed of the show.

Currently the slideshow is broken, once it gets to the end it just keeps looping.. it works fine locally, I think its something with grabbing/setting the variables in the URL, I had a similar problem on another site, Ill look into it.

EDIT:

I didnt want to start a new thread, hopefully someone will be able to help.. when the slideshow gets to the end I reset the URL:

header("Location: slideshow.php?photo_num=0&slideshow=1");

but for some reason when I upload the code it doesnt work.. even if I put the location to any website, anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:04:44 PM by Canuck »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:50:54 AM »
Try using an absolute path.

Are you getting an error, or does it not forward the page?

Canuck

• Eh?!!
  • Founders
  • Andy Moog Fan
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 06:14:17 PM »
Ill try that out.

The page doesnt forward, no errors.

Edit: Tried it out, still not working...:(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:23:17 PM by Canuck »