Author Topic: Styles n such  (Read 10363 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Styles n such
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 01:00:55 PM »
Well... I can try it, but I guess I'm just worried they'll cancel the license if I try and install it in 2 places.

Besides, I can't even figure out how to fucking get people to the style manager anyways, permissions suck ass with this thing.

Ken Fitlike

• Jackass V
  • Ebeneezer McScrooge
Styles n such
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 01:11:11 PM »
It looks like it's part of the admin cp - what about the 'usergroups' mentioned in this manual page:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/sectionsummary

Does that offer a way to control access?

Quote from: "Ober"
but I guess I'm just worried they'll cancel the license if I try and install it in 2 places.

Quote from: "vBulletin licence"
If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
See: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php

edit: If you can, set this up then you can grant permissions to it without too much concern provided it's not publically accessible and is password protected - we are after all going to be using it as intended: entirely for the purposes of  testing. I'm assuming that 'templates' refers to the style templates, which seems to be the issue of the moment.

If you're still in doubt, email vbulletin and ask for clarification.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 01:16:31 PM by Ken Fitlike »
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Styles n such
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 01:22:44 PM »

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Styles n such
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 01:29:40 PM »
I've been in there, and made Mike an admin, and set it up so his permissions are the same as mine (as far as I can tell), but he still can't see everything I can.

And as far as the styles, I can't figure out how to get them.  I'm a member of the community, but I can't seem to download any of those styles... you need some kind of special permission.  And I can't get to it from the member section either.  I'm going to have to ask about it.