Author Topic: Knowledge Data  (Read 2855 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Knowledge Data
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:50:25 PM »
I'm looking for data. Like states and abbreviations, zip codes, car makes/models and other sorts of data information.
Anyone know of any websites that provide this sort of information, preferably in XML format but any sort of structured content is fine.
I haven't found one yet but there should be some sort of website for this kind of stuff like the wikipedia or something so people can get and use data.
This signature intentionally left blank.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Knowledge Data
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 07:58:33 AM »
You should be able to get states, abbreviations and zip codes from USPS.  I'd imagine you could probably email Kelly Blue Book and get the car info.

I don't know of a site that just has that data sitting there waiting to download, however.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Knowledge Data
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:50:19 AM »
dont know if you can just download it but you can get the state and zip info off 411.com
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Knowledge Data
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 01:20:50 PM »
I already found the States (I'm converting it to XML) but I was looking just more in general for a repository of data. I'd be shocked if someone hasn't already started something like this. I just want to find it. If not, I'm going to start doing it and maybe it'll be my million dollar idea.
I know in the Medical field they have drug databases but they are very spendy. I think there should be a free repository for the information.
This signature intentionally left blank.