Author Topic: Windows iPhone development  (Read 2507 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Windows iPhone development
« on: December 13, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
Uhm, didn't seem to catch this until I tried to install the iPhone SDK on my XP machine. Apparently, Windows folk can't do iPhone development. I'm searching the web now for a work around but right now I think my only option is to run a VM image (if it will work on my machine).

Might have to get work to buy a mac mini or something to do development on.

Boo Apple.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Windows iPhone development
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
Workarounds are out there. My friend niki does iphone apps for fun and for pay and I'm almost positive she is doing it on her hp which is vista.

If u don't find the answer let me know and I will try and reach her. She's in london right now might be tricky.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:44:15 PM »

Might have to get work to buy a mac mini 24" iMac or something to do development on.

fixed.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »
She got a macbook for doing the iphone work. Apparently the libraries the sdk rely on are specific to the mac os on intel hardware. So by that the sdk cannot run on windows and no emulator has been made.

I don't know if a vm would work but if you have a spare pc you should be able to install the latest leppord to it. Like the "hackintosh's".
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?