Author Topic: Pumpkin PC  (Read 5564 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Pumpkin PC
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:57:51 AM »
im sure its been done before, but im doing it lol. I got an old 98 desktop, 64mb ram destined for the trash so im going to go find a big pumpkin tomm in one of the mexican fields round here and make a jackolantern desktop for festiveness.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Pumpkin PC
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 01:28:22 AM »
i bet if i do it right and style it i could sell it on craigslist LOL
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:00:21 AM »
.... and how are you going to handle the moisture problem?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »
After i gut it i will take and drill the two eyes out, the bay for the rom drive (mouth), and the rear ports. Once thats done ill toss a few dec packs in there and stick it infront of a fan for a few days get it nice and dried out. I have two red cathode fans for the eyes, and ill dear a rear exhaust fan as well so i think with that kind of air moving through it and the drying time/method it would be ok

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »
Never work. 

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:24:52 PM »
Once you dry it out that much it's going to be all shriveled and nasty... I think this is a bad idea all the way around.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »
Not just bad.  Dumbass.   :rolleyes:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »
So when i bust out with it and its totally awsome will u at least gimme the props i deserve? Anyway i got some stuff i can spray on it make it last a few weeks. It made my jackolantern last year last until late january but i think the heat from the electronics will ill the effect some.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »
I'm getting the pumpkin tonight hater

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
Silly.

A Bit of Fruit

• loves threads ALL ABOUT HIM!!
  • Jackass V
  • Frontier Psychiatrist
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
wow you guys are so pesimistic, who knows, it might just even work
i have a stationary fetish

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 08:11:08 PM »
Use a spray accrillic seal on the inside, might help contain the moisture...if it isn't too flamable.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »
wow you guys are so pesimistic, who knows, it might just even work

It WILL work lol.

@Kermi: Thats basicaly what this stuff in the can is, its made for sustaining real fruit over long periods for presentation, craft, etc.

None of the local fields had the monster im looking for (wouldnt be traditional if i bought the pumpkin, ive always stole them) so im going scouting tomm for one that has the size i need and then i can get started. I found one big enough to house everything but its not wide enough to look right, so im going to use it as a test/template pumpkin.

And eat the seeds, of course.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 10:00:30 PM »
preservation solved. my buddy followed this guys advice his pumkin lived to see ground hog day

I read a few websites that said you should coat the cut surface with Vaseline or you can use something called "Pumpkin Preserver" that you buy at the halloween store.

I doubt it will surprise you if I told you I don't do either of those things.

For one thing, I hope to get through my entire life without covering anything with Vaseline. Second, I am not making a special trip to a store for something called Pumpkin Preserver. I don't have time for that crap.

I spray the crap out of the pumpkin with WD-40. It seems like it is similar to Vaseline. Petroleum right? It is clear and I already have a can of it. Usually that can is within 10 steps of where I am carving a pumpkin. Best of all, it works.

Actually, I don't even use name brand WD-40, I use the dollar store variety. I especially like the name "Spra Loos". That is a sweet name.

People keep writing me and asking if this really works and/or if it is dangerous. The answer is yes it does really work. You spray the entire pumpkin inside and out and it will prevent rotting for a while. Keep in mind that a pumpkin will usually start to rot in about 3 days of cool (70 degree) weather and less in hot weather so don't carve those pumpkins too early.

Also, some folks seem to think that WD40 will combust violently when they put a tealight candle in the pumpkin. To them I say nope! The oil in WD40 is flamable indeed but it really will only combust when it is vaporized. Once it is on the surface of the pumpkin it won't light. Trust me, I've tried to light a pumpkin on fire in a number of ways. Just don't spray the WD40 on the pumpkin while the candle is burning.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:41 PM »
I'm so pissed. I cant find my box of hardware for pumpkin pc 2.....