Author Topic: website.....fcc id?  (Read 3271 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
website.....fcc id?
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »
wtf? last i checked im 99% sure websites dont have fcc id's, but maybe im wrong. A admin on another forum offered a free premium upgrade to whoever could locate the fcc id for the forums. maybe its not as literal as it sounds but it sounds like a trick question to me...

?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: website.....fcc id?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:14:30 PM »
you mean the FCC as in the Federal Communication Commission?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:17:40 PM »
Yea, exactly. I just made a post about how its the stupidest thing i ever heard in my life and if its not a joke im afraid for his children. See if i win or not.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »
Yea, exactly. I just made a post about how its the stupidest thing i ever heard in my life and if its not a joke im afraid for his children. See if i win or not.

Captain of the debate team in high school no doubt :p

I don't know of any type of regulatory IDs for websites, sounds weird.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »
I just like being the right one or the perception that im smarter cuz it doesnt happen often.

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 02:36:31 PM »
'cause like the FCC require's ID's for devices - like my cellphone's ID is: BEJCG300.

but a website isn't a device - and for that matter, really doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the FCC.

maybe they're talking about some sort of wireless server or something?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
i considered maybe he meant the FCC id of the router or soemthing, but he uses a hosting company and he didnt say router he said forum. Still waiting on a reply...

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 02:44:45 PM »
maybe he meant "IP" address, that kind of sounds like "ID".
and maybe he meant ICANN instead of FCC.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
Welp i won the free upgrade. I told him thanks but that was the stupidest contest ever. I actually sent him a msg to ask where he came up with it. Apparently his friend is convinced that websites have FCC ID's and he figured if he made it a contest he would know for sure he was right before calling said friend an idiot. I told him to just use google next time or something.

Man that might be the stupidest thing on the internet.

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 04:11:29 AM »
I feel 17% stupider just having read that :(

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 11:25:55 AM »
Werd