Author Topic: SOLO  (Read 1973 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
SOLO
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
saw this on Sunday with the whole family. Went in there with low expectations (I read somewhere that the actor playing Han is pretty shit) - but guess what, I was pleasantly surprised! And that actor, isn't half bad either. It was a good story with a lot of familiar characters and a few exciting new ones. There is a reveal at the end of the movie that I will not spoil for you, but it looks like there will be a SOLO 2 - and it has the potential to be awesome.

With all that said, out of the new bread of Star Wars movie this was on par with Rogue 1. With Episode 7 being the best, and E8 the worst, this one falls right in the middle. Do you need to see it at a movie theater? probably not.

8/10
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: SOLO
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 11:42:45 AM »
I saw it with the family on Saturday.  I also thought it was pretty good.  I'd say Rogue 1 was better.  I don't get why people hate episode 8.  Other than the awkward shit with Fin and that chick, I thought it was actually pretty good.

I agree with the 8/10 rating on Solo.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: SOLO
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
glad to hear its worth seeing. I might go tomorrow on one of my last two days of "freedom" before the new job starts next week.  That our I might go to local minor league baseball game by myself. Haven't decided yet :)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."