Author Topic: Wait a second... no Hobbit?  (Read 1551 times)

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Wait a second... no Hobbit?
« on: January 04, 2013, 08:08:47 AM »
I am going to see it for a second time tonight.  This time in HFR.  It was definitely a long movie, but I went in with that expectation... and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Wait a second... no Hobbit?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »
My boyfriend just about fell asleep through the first half hour of it before things started dying. I enjoyed it. Let us know if HFR makes a difference at all.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »
I saw it too. Pretty good - but similarly to Jen's BF (wait, wait, wait, since when do you have a bf!? and we don't know about him?! :) ) like I was saying, the first part was sloooooow and it did take a while to really get going. I have to say that I enjoyed LOTR more.

I think I should have seen it at an iMax though.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »
Both me and someone I was with had the exact same experience - kinda dozed off in the first hour.  Picked up afte that...Really just dragged on too long...I think I saw HFR...was okay...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »
I thought the movie was ok, but it really bugs me that it's going to be three three-hour movies. The Hobbit was 45 minutes worth of movie, MAX! Way too slow.

I watched LOTR last night with some friends (it was the first time for my wife). It's soooo much better...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »
I saw The Two Towers on TV the other night and holyshitbatman is that soooooo much better than the Hobbit.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.