Author Topic: Madden 06 (PC)  (Read 3551 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Madden 06 (PC)
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:02:24 PM »
I'm torn.  They've fixed a lot of the bugs from 05, but they've taken a lot out.  There's no more player highlights at the beginning of the games, there's no more cheerleader dances at halftime, I don't remember seeing anything special as far as a celebration when I won the AFC championship, and they still haven't fixed the bug where NOTHING comes out of the cooler when my coached gets splashed after winning the superbowl.

What I do like is the new features they put in.  All kinds of options for changing routes on the fly, and they have this new "QB vision"... basically puts a lit-up cone in the direction of the reciever you choose (or the hot route for the play)... it really helps out, IMO.  I also like the new audibles for line control and defensive adjustments.  

Best of all is the truck stick.  I don't remember that being in 05, but it basically means bigger hits on both offense and defense... which usually translates to better runs and getting past at least one extra blocker on the run.  I've also had more forced fumbles when using it on defense.

Overall, I give it a 9/10 cuz it's gorgeous and gameplay still kicks ass.  I just don't like that they took stuff out.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
Madden 06 (PC)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 11:45:13 PM »
Yeah, I was pretty peeved about taking out the celebrations and cheerleaders etc.  What also drives me nuts is that when I have two computer opponants play each other it only lets me choose Madden Cam, I can't switch to a different camera angle.

Anothing thing that annoys me is that I can't seem to get a realistic outcome when playing two computer opponants against each other.  I like to create mock tournaments or seasons but stupid teams like the 49ers or Titans keep whooping up on the best teams like the Patriots, Steelers and Eagles if a full game is played.  Only way I can seem to get realistic results is if I do a quick simulate, but then I know all the computer is doing is rolling a bunch of dice to decide an outcome.

It is a nice game though, the truck stick rocks, but I think I like '05 better to be honest.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Madden 06 (PC)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 02:17:05 PM »
Like I said, I'm torn.  I love the new features, but then again, I seem to play different roles than you.  I haven't run in the modes you have... I've just started a franchise with the Steelers and took them the whole way through.  I went undefeated, but what do you expect on the "pro" level (I think I was averaging scores like 50 to 3 or something crazy)?  I'll beef it up a level or two for my next season and see how it turns out.

I do want to do the coach thing tho... seems interesting.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Madden 06 (PC)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:30:34 PM »
I haven't been able to play it a while - classes get in the way - but I really have enjoyed '06 over 05.  I like the vision cone, and, though I havent' gotten completely used to the line audibles, I like the flexibility.  

I haven't noticed the bugs you are refereing to, but I've mostly played on Superstar Mode.  I need too try out Franchise next.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
Madden 06 (PC)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:14:01 AM »
I started a Superstar thing... but got into the Franchise.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Madden 06 (PC)
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 11:09:07 AM »
downloading now, never played pc version
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?